Glock mag floor plate question

This is a discussion on Glock mag floor plate question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought my Glock 26 used and it came with three mags. 1 with the factory Glock floor plate and 2 with pearce +2 extensions. ...

I bought my Glock 26 used and it came with three mags. 1 with the factory Glock floor plate and 2 with pearce +2 extensions. I would like to order some standard glock floor plates for the other 2 mags but have a questions. Whats the name of that little black pastic plate thing that goes at the botton of the mag that sits between the end of the spring and the floor plate? And does that generally come with the floor plate when you order it?

Thanks!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I bought my Glock 26 used and it came with three mags. 1 with the factory Glock floor plate and 2 with pearce +2 extensions. I would like to order some standard glock floor plates for the other 2 mags but have a questions. Whats the name of that little black pastic plate thing that goes at the botton of the mag that sits between the end of the spring and the floor plate? And does that generally come with the floor plate when you order it?

Thanks!

its called a "magazine insert" and to my knowledge does not come with a floor plate when you order the floor plate by itself.

http://glockstore.com/index/350_Glock+Factory+Parts/

the pearce +2 extension pinches my pinky to the point I get a blister. I did everything to stop it and then took it off and threw it way

I think all it does is keep the spring from biting into the plate

Links