Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

This is a discussion on Woulda, coulda, shoulda... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think it was around 2002 or 3 that I started to take an active interest (after decades of neglect) in firearms and specifically pistols. ...

Distinguished Member

I think it was around 2002 or 3 that I started to take an active interest (after decades of neglect) in firearms and specifically pistols. I sold a couple of heirloom .22's (too dangerous to shoot today's .22lr) and bought my first semi auto - a Walther P99 - European. Looking back ten years, I think that was a "lucky" choice except for the hidden hammer.

But I digress, about a month later I also saw a Taurus Titanium .44 mag with a 2.5" barrel. I think I paid $300 for it, used. I did a lot of hiking in southern AZ and the weight and caliber was a great setup for most "problems" that might arise. A year later I wanted a new toy so i sold that .44 for $300 and bought whatever. Well, I am moving into the mountains of northwestern Virginia (literally) and the hiking trails go right past our house and feed into the Appalachian Trail just a couple miles east. Guess who wants his light .44 back? And GUESS how much those suckers go for now!!!?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    I remember as a kid with my dad at the gun shows seeing row after row of Luger P08s, your choice for fifty bucks. I also remember WWI bayonets in a barrel at the local army navy for a buck apiece.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I remember as a kid with my dad at the gun shows seeing row after row of Luger P08s, your choice for fifty bucks. I also remember WWI bayonets in a barrel at the local army navy for a buck apiece.
    Holy Frijole!! I also realize, with regret, what I could have gotten for those .22's plus a Winchester 20 gauge pump. The gun shop stole it from me. They sold it in one afternoon.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Links