Botach scamming with half off?!

This is a discussion on Botach scamming with half off?! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm not sure what you'd call it, but I saw this and I was on the floor laughing. and also very mad I got an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Botach scamming with half off?!

I'm not sure what you'd call it, but I saw this and I was on the floor laughing. and also very mad

I got an email from them saying 50% off all streamlights! so I get excited and go check it out...

I come to see that everything is listed over 90% usual, but with a 50% discount bringing them to maybe a 10% discount.

I can't believe the crap they pulled with this. I just had to share with someone!

Streamlight Flashlights

A good example is TLR-3 that amazon sells with prime shipping @ 74 dollars.
    TLR-3 with 50% off at botach is 67

TLR-1s @ amazon = 107
    TLR-1s @ botach = 99.50 with 50% off

seriously? bump up price 90% and then discount 50%?

I tried buying some stuff from them before a training course 2 years ago. Charged my card right away, then sent me the "sorry, it's back ordered" a week later, When asked, they had no idea of when the goods would arrive and were generally nonresponsive and aloof. Finally cancelled the order and got the charge credited, but it'll be a cold day in that warm place before I do business with them again.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Had the same backorder issue with a holster. They were marked off the list as a source quickly.

Hum, maybe I won't be ordering any blue guns from them then. I was thinking I had heard some negative stuff about them. Seems my memory was correct. They do have good prices on the blue guns, but I need to get them too. I don't want to tie up money and be jerked around.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    They are a real scam operation, everything on backorder and then it takes a dozen calls to get the charge off your card.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

They're hideous, unscrupulous, and to be avoided at all costs for this Marine.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Same prob here,ordered 2 CMMG .22 conversions for my M4,and a buddies,got billed for both,received one,with a printed letter that the other is backordered with a tbd status on delivery,called and cancelled the other one took a week before my card was credited.Never again!

Having ordered some Aimpoint items half price from them, I find it helpful to make a blood offering under a moonless night before ordering from Botach (or email to check stock beforehand).

You have to be careful with Botach. Call them for your orders and make them assure you it's in stock, then place the order. I bought two Aimpoint 3x magnifiers from them with the Aimpoint twist mount. Locally, shops sell them for over $750. A good deal from an online retailer is about $650, give or take with the twist mount and spacer. I got each with the twist mount and spacer plus shipping for about $365.

BUT, I called, had them check then ordered on the phone and then had them assure that two of those in stock were mine. I had them in two days for no extra charge plus got a couple nice velcro/patch hats.

Sammage, a blood offering is usually a good idea as well with Botach.
    sgb likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I still wouldn't trust them. I sent some items back for a refund and never got it, then they played dumb when I called about it. They have seen my last thin dime.

Me either, I just couldn't pass up what was basically a two for one deal on Aimpoint.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    You have to be careful with Botach. Call them for your orders and make them assure you it's in stock, then place the order. I bought two Aimpoint 3x magnifiers from them with the Aimpoint twist mount. Locally, shops sell them for over $750. A good deal from an online retailer is about $650, give or take with the twist mount and spacer. I got each with the twist mount and spacer plus shipping for about $365.

Sammage, a blood offering is usually a good idea as well with Botach.
    Same reason I ordered from them too, cheap Aimpoint 3X, and a cheap H-1.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the info guys! I just removed my name from their mailing list. I don't need stuff like that.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

sorry to hear some bad storys but I ordered 2 g26 +2 mag from them just 3 days ago and got an e mail 2 days ago saying they were shipped.
    they had the best prices on glock factory mags (22.00 on the 10 round and 5.00 more for the +2) plus free shipping and no tax

they should be in today or tomorrow

Hey, if Satan had the best pries on parkas and cold weather gear, I still wouldnt order from him. Screw those people. Call them some time--they are some kind of foreigners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links