Crooks target Supreme Court Justice Breyer for second time in three months

This is a discussion on Crooks target Supreme Court Justice Breyer for second time in three months within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Crooks target Supreme Court Justice Breyer for second time in three months Breyer was in the dissent on both DC v. Heller and McDonald v. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Crooks target Supreme Court Justice Breyer for second time in three months

Breyer was in the dissent on both DC v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago.

Note SCOTUS justices they have their own security detail, which Breyer wants ramped up. Hey, if I had my own security detail, I might not feel so strongly about the Second Amendment either. More "Do as I say, not as I do" from liberals; and I would include anti-gun crusading Republican Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is well protected by armed bodyguards, among that group.

Given the first burglary, where the burglar was armed with a machete (not a gun!), you'd think Breyer would get a clue.
    nerdyvirgin, Spirit51 and Bark'n like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Why not demand more security? After all, WE'RE the ones paying for it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    IIRC, Breyer wrote the Heller dissent. Now I don't condone criminal activity and am not pleased when it occurs. But, if it has to happen, who better could they attack than those who are facilitating them. He made his bed, now he is lying in it...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

There is a nice symmetry to the events, as sad as they are. It is fortunate no one was harmed.
    aznav likes this.

The supreme court is arguably more powerful and influential than congress because 1 vote carries so much weight. It begs the question as to how much security employed and is it enough. While I don't think anyone on this site agrees with his stance, I do think he needs to be protected and protected well. The integrity of the judicial system is at stake.

Integrity?
    gigamortis, Spec and Hoganbeg like this.

This post strikes me as more of an opportunity to bash a liberal Justice than it does anything to do with firearms.
    suntzu and Rock and Glock like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

bash a liberal Justice
    Which is why we're not going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    [ I would include anti-gun crusading Republican Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is well protected by armed bodyguards, among that group.
    You must have missed the memo. Bloomberg is no longer a "Republican"....he dropped that disguise and is now a "Independent".
    beararms likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    This post strikes me as more of an opportunity to bash a liberal Justice than it does anything to do with firearms.
    Then the irony is totally lost on you. He would be happy to limit OUR right to self defense, but he has security for his protection. My security for myself and my family is in my own hands. I may not be as important as him to you, but me and mine are to me.

Just because he is one of your fellow liberals doesn't mean that we can't find fault with his decisions on guns. Being a liberal is just a different reason to dislike him.
    darbo, aznav and QKShooter like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Then the irony is totally lost on you. He would be happy to limit OUR right to self defense, but he has security for his protection. My security for myself and my family is in my own hands. I may not be as important as him to you, but me and mine are to me.

Just because he is one of your fellow liberals doesn't mean that we can't find fault with his decisions on guns. Being a liberal is just a different reason to dislike him.
    Speaking of irony...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

What comes around..........and I thought Judges were supposed to be intellegent.

To get to the SC you are very likely very bright. Not to many slouches on that bench. If you think I am wrong, go watch them hear some cases and listen to their questions, comments and the like.
    Rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    To get to the SC you are very likely very bright. Not to many slouches on that bench. If you think I am wrong, go watch them hear some cases and listen to their questions, comments and the like.
    Exactly. Unfortunately, the mind set now days has very much become - anyone that doesn't agree with me or see something from a point of view that I like , is dumb/stupid/not intelligent/etc/etc.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Exactly. Unfortunately, the mind set now days has very much become - anyone that doesn't agree with me or see something from a point of view that I like , is dumb/stupid/not intelligent/etc/etc.
    I don't think the anti gun liberals are stupid. If they were, they wouldn't be the problem that they are. I just think they are delusional, unreasonable, unrealistic and extreme. I believe the left has a BIG share in thinking that those who they don't agree with are below par mentally. Look at how they treated President Bush.
    Spec and Rock and Glock like this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links