Guess what I just got...

This is a discussion on Guess what I just got... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I've been wanting a little pocket gun for a while now. Mostly because you can't always carry a full size 1911, or even a ...

Thread: Guess what I just got...

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Guess what I just got...

So, I've been wanting a little pocket gun for a while now. Mostly because you can't always carry a full size 1911, or even a snubbie. Not to mention my current limitations- there's no way I could handle that kind of weight without hurting myself worse instead of recovering. I hit a local pawn shop to see what they had, and they wanted $300 for a used Beretta 21A w/only 1 magazine. No thanks.

Hit Academy Sports, and they had a Taurus PT-22, NIB, w/one magazine for $199. I think you all know where this is going...

I snatched the Taurus up and... hobbled my way out of the store. After about an hour of paperwork- despite my SC CWP.
    Other than that, the service was excellent.

So, without further ado, PROOF for the naysayers.

photo (9).jpg

I know many people here hate Taurus. But they're not bad guns.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

I think you found the best deal. Pics would be nice when you have time. An hour of paperwork? Seems unreasonable to me. Check EBay for new or used mags.

Congats on the new gun. Any gun is better than no gun. And when I feel the need that I cant carry a larger gun. My kel-tec p-32 rides along with me.

Congrats!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    An hour of paperwork? You should have had just one page (don't give 'em your SSC), and then your signature on the next? What else did they have you fill out?

Anyway, congrats. Have fun shootin'.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    An hour of paperwork? You should have had just one page (don't give 'em your SSC), and then your signature on the next? What else did they have you fill out?

Anyway, congrats. Have fun shootin'.
    It was at Academy Sports; so, not only did the guy who actually sold me the gun have to go over the paperwork, the manager did as well.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    It was at Academy Sports; so, not only did the guy who actually sold me the gun have to go over the paperwork, the manager did as well.
    Congrats on the purchase!! Glad you can still stay protected while recovering (hope you get well soon!) Sucks it took so long to go over your paperwork, picked up an AR last weekend, took about 20mins

Good price. Annoying procedure. I'm pretty sure that I can waltz on into Academy and buy whatever I want by flashing my WCP, here in GA.

Edit: ...Although, the above post might speak otherwise, lol.

Looks like a neat little gun, congrats (love my Taurus TCP by the way).

A gun you will carry is far better than one you won't. I know several guys with tre same gun you just bought and they love them! Why not.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Range Report.

My stepfather and I shared a target, then he threw it away.

But, that little .22 is pretty accurate. I only really shot at about 7yds, and had a roughly 3" group, one or two in the inner ring, the other seven grouped across the upper rings- they stacked a little. Only a few jams- FTFs- but easily fixed with a little jiggling of the slide, and only when using the cheap Federal bulk .22s- the CCI Mini-Mags never have me any problem. Since I only had one magazine I only shot about 150 rounds; 100 Federals, and 50 CCIs.

Overall, a great little gun Good grouping- especially for someone who is shaking like I was. I really wish it wasn't a DAO, but I can live with it. Got it home, cleaned it up, and re-loaded it with the CCIs, and it's ready to go again. The Blackhawk (I think it's 'Size 2'- package is in the other room, and I'm too worn out at the moment to go get it) pocket holster is perfect for it. I have a pair of jeans with a very large watch pocket that the gun and holster fit into very nicely. Haven't tried it with any of my other jeans yet, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Maybe in a few more weeks I can go back, get another magazine, and give a report with pictures.

I DID shoot my 1911 out at 14yds- heck of a chore holding that thing up at the moment- and got all 8 on the paper in a group tight enough to be center mass, but still not at all acceptable. Few more weeks on that one too...

Sounds like the little Taurus will work fine for you, especially while you're recovering. I think Taurus gets a bit of a bad rap, especially for their price point. My experience with them is that they are more hit-or-miss on qc than some companies, but if you get a "hit" it will generally serve you well.

Nice deal.....congrats.

Links