glock 26 trigger reset failure

This is a discussion on glock 26 trigger reset failure within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the range today to put 200 rounds through my new gen 3 glock 26. Well not even 600 rounds total through it and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: glock 26 trigger reset failure

Went to the range today to put 200 rounds through my new gen 3 glock 26. Well not even 600 rounds total through it and out of the blue my trigger fails to reset back to its original position otherwise known as a dead trigger as I have learned. It felt like the striker was pulled back but something was in the way about halfway through the "hump" in the glock trigger. The next round was chambered but the trigger was set back like the gun was unloaded. I dropped the mag, racked the slide, and continued. It did not happen again so I called glock when I got home and inspected the trigger mechanism housing, spring, connector, and trigger bar. All seemed to be normal. The glock tech asked me to see if the spring was off center which it was not and advised me to run more rounds through it and if the problem occurs again to call back.

Now when I searched for similar problems it appeared that people that experienced this problem either never got the trigger to reset properly or had to manually rack the slide each time. Or the problem occurred once per magazine and turned out to be a bad trigger connector or spring. I ran at least 100 rounds through it after this happened so do you guys think this was a fluke or an upcoming problem?

Sound like the trigger reset bar (not the right name) but when the slide moves forward across the arm standing up on the right side
    Then it resets the trigger by the firing pin button pushing forward on the trigger bar so see if it is in line with the safety button. Newer Glock gen 3 and gen 4 have a little divot that rides inside the slide to keep in centered on the slide firing pin release. Check and see if it the trigger bar is bent or the button stuck in the upward position

ok I see exactly what you are talking about, but everything is intact the way it should and the way the glock armorer's manual states. The only piece in the frame bend is the ejector on the trigger mechanism housing but from what I've read it is supposed to be bent on 9mm for better extraction, not on .40 or .45.

I feel like its a fluke but really bothers me because there has to be a legitimate reason that happened.

I'm no gunsmith,but I've been told by the glock guys that too much oil getting into where the striker is housed can gum them up pretty quick.Keep that area free of oil and don't let solvent get in there either when you clean it. Not saying this was the problem but you gotta start weeding out the possibilities and find the problem. Once a gun fails for me,and its not a shooter induced failure,I can't be real comfortable with it for a carry gun.

you are correct the extractor is bent on a 9 mm and not on a .40 but what I am talking about is part 92 on the chart. Then the firing pin safety on the slide moves forward it catches the arm and sets the trigger. Take the slide off and work the trigger without it and see if it functions. For some reason the pin jumped the arm meaning something stopped the arm from moving forward. It could have been something hung up in the trigger or in the workings but dry run the trigger without the slide and look

glockpartslist.jpg

go easy on the oil. break down the slide and clean the insides with #9. blow dry and/or use q-tip/pipe cleaner. do not oil the firing pin channel. no oil on the insides of the slide. take the trigger group out of the frame and clean with #9. use no oil when you put it back in. sometimes you got to do a total cleaning of a glock to make them run. i do twice a year on mine.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Yes, yes part 92 is the trigger bar and that part is normal. I found no abnormalities with any of the parts and after breaking down the gun I decided not to clean any parts so I can see more clearly if a problem can be more clearly seen tomorrow via friction between parts if I can find it. I plan on running another 200 pounds through it tomorrow.

My prior cleanings consisted of Hoppes #9 through the barrel mostly and most other superficial parts when field stripping the gun. I did not oil anything but the part of the barrel the glock armorer's manual states (the less the better with a glock). I left the reddish-orange looking lube on the slide intact and did not even mess with any part of the slide or frame in terms of oil and did not clean the firing pin channel.

If I run no malfunctions tomorrow then I will feel a little bit better but still no trigger reset out of the blue scares me. I plan on breaking down the slide tomorrow for a thorough cleaning either way. My suspicion is the point that the glock tech brought up about the spring becoming off center. My theory is that when the trigger failed to reset the spring somehow became off center and caused a freak accident. I hope my theory is right otherwise I will be sending it in and most likely selling it if it is a reoccurrence.

All else aside this should not be happening only 600 rounds in. I've been cleaning guns for years and never ever has anything like this happened to me besides a rare failure to eject incidence every now and again on other firearms, kind of scary if this happened in a self defense situation. I love my glock and really hope it doesnt happen again.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I would be leery. If it is not springing back into position that SOUNDS like a spring issue. I would clean it very thoroughly as described above, remove the trigger group and make sure your connector and spring don't appear problematic, and then watch it like a hawk for 100-200 rounds.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Noooooooooo... say it isn't so! Glock Perfection!!! Only 1911s can fall to pieces and fail to shoot reliably!!!
    FireStar M40 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    I'll vote for a bent trigger bar.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

How about the spring "S" shape being reversed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Hope you resolved your problem.

You see Glock fans? ALL guns can have problems regardless of who makes them. :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Well gentlemen, ran another 200 rounds through it this morning and not a single hiccup. Really weird now huh? Trigger bar does not seem to be bent to me and everything looks normal. Broke it down n took some pics (and yes I do realize its pretty dirty lol):

IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Hope you resolved your problem.

You see Glock fans? ALL guns can have problems regardless of who makes them. :D
    I'm a Glock fan and I know that... The majority of Glock fans know that. Please don't judge us all by the loudest voices of the most rabid fanboys. It's not a fair way to judge any group.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Kool; I said in an earlier post in could be the firing pin button stuck in the upward position and bypassing the trigger bar. So give it a good cleaning and oil it and enjoy it. FYI I don't remove the pins from mine unless absolutely necessary because you can wallow out the pin holes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links