Another WACHOVIA robbed...

This is a discussion on Another WACHOVIA robbed... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess the BG didn't see the "No Firearms" sign outside the door. 'Cause if he did, I'm sure he would have left his gun ...

Thread: Another WACHOVIA robbed...

Another WACHOVIA robbed...

I guess the BG didn't see the "No Firearms" sign outside the door. 'Cause if he did, I'm sure he would have left his gun in his car.

http://wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=5391607

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    There is one 10 minutes up the road that was robbed on opening day.

This town isn't known for its violent crime because everyone totes guns - except in there and the restaurants.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Criminals like to operate in protected areas.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    Wachovias are being targeted. Also T-Mobile stores (smash and grabs). We just had 2 stores hit this morning in South Florida by armed thugs.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

No gun signs = Criminal fun zones.

Have you noticed, with the WACHOVIA's and the Waffle Houses being robbed, they have those signs.

Yet, I don't hear (much) of gun stores being hot robbed or other places that have a weapons okay policy.

I wonder why......

Wayne

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    BB&Ts are a close second, also posted no guns.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

No kiddin Wayne. I don't recall ever figuring out if this is true, but I heard a rather odd story about something similar.

Supposedly, this guy walks into a gun shop intending to rob it. He walks up to a clerk next to the register, then pulls his gun. The clerk shoots from the hip. Meanwhile, two other customers draw and fire at the assailant thinking that he had fired at the clerk. I don't recall how many times he was hit, but I remember thinking "Good God!!!"

Again - don't know if its true. Even if its not, its a good analogy.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

If one did a study that concluded that there was a direct correlation between "NO CCW" signs and an increase in robberies, I'm betting that a company with a "NO CCW" sign that gets robbed could be sued by anyone in the store at the time of the robbery for creating an "enticement" to robbers (injury wouldn't be necessary as there would clearly be "psychological injury" ... should pay off quite nicely).

Supposedly, this guy walks into a gun shop intending to rob it. He walks up to a clerk next to the register, then pulls his gun. The clerk shoots from the hip. Meanwhile, two other customers draw and fire at the assailant thinking that he had fired at the clerk. I don't recall how many times he was hit, but I remember thinking "Good God!!!"
    I'll have to dig up the story (I think its on the Darwin Awards site) but not only did this guy try to rob a gun shop, he had to walk around a police cruiser in front of the door first ... apparently the officer on the scene was there having coffee .

EDIT
    here it is http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1993-06.html
    Snopes even says its true http://www.snopes.com/crime/dumdum/gunshop.asp

No Guns...

allowed in the bank...great for the BG. No guns in Canada...great for the college BG. This guy WILL get caught, and probably get a week or two in jail...meanwhile, all citizens will pay the price with something else taken away!
    Wouldn't it have been great for 2-3 CCW'ers to have ended this BG's career? Realizing of course that 'everyone' feared for his or her life?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Do you suppose they'll ever see the light - no guns means more crime?

Zundfolge.... Damned good points and I was actually kinda surprised to hear that snopes confirmed it!!!! Awesome!!!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Nope. I actually had a discussion about this with a co-worker today. His point that the absolute absence of guns would by default lead to less crime.

(as if that could ever happen)

Anyway, it is a basic Chicken and Egg argument and I just couldn't waste much time with it. His position is fixed, and his home defense weapon is a baseball bat. I hope he never has to use it.

He is a fresh college grad plus 2 years and a sheeple to say the least. His position on CCW is that no one really carries concealed because it would be so obvious to spot a weapon under everyday clothing.

My response is always the same..

"Yeah..."

Nope. In all of history, you could say that this (well, not now) have been the most civilized. Before there where guns, there was still crime and I would bet lots of it.

They didn't have science to find murders, they didn't have guns for long range shots at fleeing hordes of looters, rapist, and murders (well, the bow but still).

Just look at the gun banned countries to see this. In England there is still crime, actually alot more crime, then before the ban. Sure, with a gun you can kill 14 people at once, but is that any worse then killing 14 over a couple of months?

The anti's bring up the suicide rate, yet forget or knowlingly don't show that Japan has a high suicide rate, and they have an absolute gun ban.

Bad Guys will be bad guys, guns or not. Suicides will continue, guns or not, crime will continue, guns or not.

It is all a pyshological (sorry about the spelling) attempt by the anti-gunners, they all have the same mental illness:

1. They fear the object. This is called a phobia. The same if one is afraid of spiders, snakes, the sun, or even water. They fear it so much that they wrongly believe that if it disappears then all would be great.

2. They fear independance. They have to depend on something or someone, mainly the government. If they can't do something, like take care of themselves, then everyone should have to be just like them. To own and use firearms shows independance.

3. Low Self Esteem. Most anti's have low self esteem. They don't feel good about themselves, feel that they have any productive type talents, or are ashamed of themselves in some way. A trip to the gun range, or to speak with a gun owner scares them, because gun owners seem to speak with self esteem, confindent in what they do with what they own.

4. A feeling of powerlessness. Most to all anti's feel that they don't have any power, that they are oppressed by those they feel have some sort of power. Not the government mind you, they need them so they expect kingly style power to be given to that which they need. People like them, with the same type jobs, the same type dreams, but who own firearms so they project having power over them because of what they own. That is why they also dislike rich people that don't give to their causes.

5. Power. Because they are #4 above, they seek to reverse their delusion that we, firearm owners, have more power then them. In order for them to gain power, and to have more power then us, they want to take away what they think in their minds give us that power, our firearms.

The anti's view the old saying of "God made man, Colt made all men equal" as being wrong. That Colt (or any firearm name) gives people that own them more power and they want everyone to be equal according to them. Equal to them is to be in fear, to depend on the government, to get everything handed to them, to live in their little social paradise.

They will never change. If they are ever mugged, robbed, or killed they will blame the instrument used (only if it's a firearm) and never the criminal. And to prove this point for anti's lurking:

Number one killer of children: Automobiles and parents. Parents who don't use child seats, or use them incorrectly. Why aren't they building an organization for "smart cars"? Cars that when built would cost 4x what they do now and the road work to put in the sensors would be in the trillions, not to mention the upkeep. Why aren't they yelling, "If it saves just one child, it's worth it"?

Number 2 killer of children: Drowning. Why aren't they trying to ban swimming pools? Who needs a swimming pool anyway? The only thing they are good for is to drown someone in right? Swimming can be a form of exercise but there are less dangerous forms of exercise that a child can perform.

But not bikes, skateboards, or school sports... they also "kill" more children then firearms.

I could go on and on and on but it's no point to even try. To them, as mentioned above, it's a mental problem, not a logical problem.

This is going to sound harsh but it's true. They are weak minded. The weak minded, and education doesn't play a part due to weak minds exists on all scales of intelligence, are easy to manipulate. I bet you that I can get thousands of supporters going for a cause if I put the money and the time into it. Even if that cause is to ban water (which has happened).

Wayne

Senior Moderator
    "His position on CCW is that no one really carries concealed because it would be so obvious to spot a weapon under everyday clothing." - I'm still chuckling at that! Is that the epitome of ignorance or what?

When people tell me their home defense weapon is a ball bat or a golf club, etc. I ask if they've had any self-defense training with it. Then I ask them if then could handle two intruders equally armed or armed with guns. It usually gets real quite just before the subject aburptly changes.

Some times I think they really know their self defense plans suck, but their pride and "lofty" principles prevent them from changing.

If they're so against guns, how is it they can conceive of bashing somebody's brains out with a ball bat and that's some how more acceptable than "just" shooting them?????

Senior Moderator
    Wayne,

Good treatise on the subject! There are also more accidental deaths among children in bathtubs and get this, buckets of water! I think bicycle accidents rank up there pretty high too.

Links