Wisconsin should remove 48 hour wait on hand guns sales for CCL

This is a discussion on Wisconsin should remove 48 hour wait on hand guns sales for CCL within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now that we are "moving forward"here in Wisconsin. We need to reach out to our leaders and get the 48 hour "cooling off" period removed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Wisconsin should remove 48 hour wait on hand guns sales for CCL

VIP Member

Now that we are "moving forward"here in Wisconsin. We need to reach out to our leaders and get the 48 hour "cooling off" period removed for persons with a current Wisconsin state CCL. I find it a crazy requirement that I must return to the FFL after 48 hours to pick up my handgun. I can purchase any long gun or shot gun and take it with me after the FFL calls it in. This is a law that makes no sense. I collect firearms and since it is a huge inconvenience at times It can cost a sale. I am ready willing and able to make a purchase but often I just don't want to return to a store and wait in a line again or waste my precious fuel and the time to drive back.

I agree that for people who do not have a current state CCL they should have the waiting period. Only because it may cause them to get the permit. I want the permit numbers to be as high as possible right now. It is a dumb law and needs changed.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Yeah it does need to get changed. Especially if you already own a handgun.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Given the insanity of the losers of yesterday's election.....getting a self defense weapon quickly could be necessary. Especially Scott Walker. Check these out:

“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat | Twitchy

Woman slaps Barrett for conceding | Wisconsin - WISN Home

Weeping Anti-Walker Protester: 'Democracy Died Tonight'

Is it something in the water?
    sgb and RightyLefty like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    It's quite normal for Wisconsin
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Given the insanity of the losers of yesterday's election.....getting a self defense weapon quickly could be necessary. Especially Scott Walker. Check these out:

“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat | Twitchy

Woman slaps Barrett for conceding | Wisconsin - WISN Home

Weeping Anti-Walker Protester: 'Democracy Died Tonight'

Spirit thank you, the last video made me laugh so hard...I needed that....
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Walker should save his money, at least until after the criminal investigation into his actions during the run for Governor are concluded. With the number of his former staff being given immunity in the investigation, either he, or someone close to him, will be getting some issued duds, and have a structured life for a while.

VIP Member
    No sessions until January '13 so I doubt anything will happen. As far as the John Doe investigation remember that the Governer asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Walker should save his money, at least until after the criminal investigation into his actions during the run for Governor are concluded. With the number of his former staff being given immunity in the investigation, either he, or someone close to him, will be getting some issued duds, and have a structured life for a while.
    I am not getting into a political fight with anyone. This is not the place. I am just saying that the death threats and the apparent mass insanity (because the voters voice was heard) seems to be a dangerous environment for anyone living in that state.

I wouldn't want to be without a method of self defense with the rampid violent delusions that are running amok.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    I am not getting into a political fight with anyone. This is not the place. I am just saying that the death threats and the apparent mass insanity (because the voters voice was heard) seems to be a dangerous environment for anyone living in that state.

I wouldn't want to be without a method of self defense with the rampid violent delusions that are running amok.
    thanks for your concern but it is really not that bad here in Wisconsin. I think the media is looking to up its ratings. Yes there are some nut jobs but show me a state where there aren't any.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Scott Walker asked for the investigation when funds went missing and the Milwaukee County D.A. (Democrat) stumbled upon staffers doing campaign work on county time. You are telling me if Scott Walker was a Democrat and asked for an investigation and a Democrat D.A. stumbled upon the same sort of activity, he would have those people charged???? Now I am not condoning the behavior, but to suggest that Republicans are the only ones that do that sort of work on gov't time is laughable. There have been numerous examples of teachers and gov't employees including Tom Barrett's own wife sending emails using public resources and time campaigning against Governor Walker during this whole recall farse. Have or will any of them be charged for political campaigning on the tax payer's dime? I seriously doubt it. Heck, Democrat District Attorneys in this state are dragging their feet when it comes to investigating and charging people for making death threats against the Governor or other politicians in this state.
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Scott Walker asked for the investigation when funds went missing and the Milwaukee County D.A. (Democrat) stumbled upon staffers doing campaign work on county time. You are telling me if Scott Walker was a Democrat and asked for an investigation and a Democrat D.A. stumbled upon the same sort of activity, he would have those people charged???? Now I am not condoning the behavior, but to suggest that Republicans are the only ones that do that sort of work on gov't time is laughable. There have been numerous examples of teachers and gov't employees including Tom Barrett's own wife sending emails using public resources and time campaigning against Governor Walker during this whole recall farse. Have or will any of them be charged for political campaigning on the tax payer's dime? I seriously doubt it. Heck, Democrat District Attorneys in this state are dragging their feet when it comes to investigating and charging people for making death threats against the Governor or other politicians in this state.
    Yes, but I did not want to make this a Scott Walker debate. Just saying we need to update our old laws and get some things in place to promote business. When I got to wait and drive back to complete a purchase it makes me think twice about the purchase and could cost a sale.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Just a lot of poop along the Milwaukee lake front. Just another good reason for Tom Barrett not to be Governor of this state.
    MrBuckwheat and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    It's quite normal for Wisconsin
    normal for dane county, sometimes i think i feel safer in getto then down by the capitol
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Just a lot of poop along the Milwaukee lake front. Just another good reason for Tom Barrett not to be Governor of this state.
    that is funny!!!!
    For all of our friends from out of the area, When we get heavy rains the Milwaukee Sewer district under the Mayor dumps millions of gallons of raw sewage into lake Michigan.

VIP Member
    Personally I have never seen the benefit of a so-called cooling off period whether one has a CCW or not.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links