HERA Glock Carbine Stock

HERA Glock Carbine Stock

This is a discussion on HERA Glock Carbine Stock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do any of you have experience with the HERA Glock Carbine Stock? GlockParts.com - Product Detail - HERA Glock Carbine Stock (G.C.C.) Black (U.S. Only) ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rollo
  • 1 Post By Guest1

Thread: HERA Glock Carbine Stock

HERA Glock Carbine Stock

Do any of you have experience with the HERA Glock Carbine Stock? GlockParts.com - Product Detail - HERA Glock Carbine Stock (G.C.C.) Black (U.S. Only) - $299.00

Even with the SBR tax stamp this is a $500 total conversion which is still less than a lot of the high end carbines and it is a lot more compact. It says in the description that it uses "A simple assembly through utilization of the available front Picatinny rail as well as the included front rail locking bolt." Does this mean you are making modifications to the pistol? I am really only interested in this if it is "drop in" and does not involve any modifications to my Glock.

PS: I did search for this any all the threads I found were 2+ years old. I don't want the search Nazis to try and get me.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

I thought they were a cool idea when they came out but my primary issue (and what has ultimately stopped my from buying one) is that your not gaining any barrel length. I know that adding a stock is going to increase stability thus increasing accuracy but one of the primary reason I want a carbine it to increase range. If you want something small and handy your could convert a AK Draco pistol to a SBR for a few hundred dollars more and IMO have a infinitely more effective and versatile gun. Or if you want to be able to have mag compatibility you could pick up a Kel Tec sub 2000. Don't get me wrong, if someone was going to GIVE me one of these I def wouldn't turn it down, I just wouldnt shell out 500 bucks for one. If I'm shelling out 200 bucks for a SBR tax stamp it's going to be for a real SBR.
    joker1 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Rollo,

That makes perfect sense. I guess I did not think about the added velocity you get with a true carbine.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Don't know about them,BUT,I do know if you add any stock,Fixed,Folding or collapsible to a pistol it is then considered a SBR.Before you spend the money,check the Laws.
    Last edited by Guest1; June 8th, 2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: big dumb stupid finger forgot how to sqell
    ramitupurs84 likes this.

Links