Kel-Tec KSG - Best wife EVER

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec KSG - Best wife EVER within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Recent conversation, in the living room of my house. Me, watching TV, wife returning from the 'convenience room', where I have a few magazines of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kel-Tec KSG - Best wife EVER

Recent conversation, in the living room of my house. Me, watching TV, wife returning from the 'convenience room', where I have a few magazines of various types for 'research'.

Wife: "Hey, baby, I saw a pretty interesting gun in one of those magazines in there."
    Me: "Cool. What was it?"
    Wife: "It was a space-looking shotgun by a company called Kel-Tec. I think it was a 'KSG'."
    Me: [Not holding out much interest at this point. She sees stuff like this all the time and it passes.] "Yeah, they're new."
    Wife: "We should get one. They're cool!"
    Me:"Uuhhhh............what?"
    Wife: "We should get one of those."
    Me: "How about I take you to dinner?" [Mentally already scanning the dealer websites! and doing the happy dance!]

GREAtest WIFE EVER!!

So I go on line and look at prices. MSRP is about $900, but nowhere is one available for under $1100 and they go up to $1800. Not very exciting to report to the wife. Then I remember Bill Butler at Idaho Gun Broker. Bill is a friend I've done business with before and I emailed him for a price. So low I can't print it, but let me just say that I saved HUNDREDS!

End of story: KSG is on its way, wife got a very nice dinner and I promised to give her the first box of shells through it. This one isn't mine, it's ours!

Scoooooooooooooooooooooooore!
    Last edited by rocky; June 11th, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: remove hotlink to GB site
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    ...I hate you... So much right now. My wife has never said anything about a gun she wanted/had any interest in, other than trying to steal my 1911 after she shot it the first time.

Congratulations; now we NEED pictures and a range report.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I accept your hatred! And I totally understand it: I'd feel the same if things were reversed!

I will do a review and pictures from the range as soon as the gun comes out of the box.
    oneshot likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    I accept your hatred! And I totally understand it: I'd feel the same if things were reversed!

I will do a review and pictures from the range as soon as the gun comes out of the box.
    Ok. I can accept that until I can find one for myself.

I hope you enjoy it. A lot. I told my wife about them, and she asked why it looked funny, and why you needed 14 shots.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Awesome! Congrats! It's nice when the wife shares your interest in guns. I was excited when my wife wanted to get a little .380 for herself. It means she doesn't have to keep taking my guns at the range, at least as often.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I'll wait for Ruger or another company to "steal" the design and make the KSG design a quality firearm.

I'll never trust a Kel Tec product.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have 3 Kel-Tec products: a P3AT, a PF-9 and a PLR-16. No issues with any of them! Sorry, but if every Kel-Tec was junk, they would probably be out of business. It's a "no-frills" gun at a no-frills price with as good a quality record as higher-priced junk.

Congrats, and may I say, that's a fantastic lady you got there. I haven't fired a KSG yet, but my local gun store has one that the owner isn't selling without a rediculous offer (i heard him turn down $1600), so I have got to cradle one, lovingly in my arms. I was surprised at how natural it felt to wield one. And, the construction seemed tight without any loose fitting components that you would expect with a shotgun--weight was good, surfaces seemed very deliberate and not at all like some of the plastics used on polymer guns these days, and the action was butter-smoooooth...on second thought, I'm with the others on this issue, and I just hate you, lol.

I told myself no more shotguns because I bought a couple of saiga 12s thinking they would get outlawed sooner rather than later, but I think when the price approaches MSRP and becomes competitive between dealers, I will probably have to pickup a couple. Until then, I will just live vicariously through lucky guys like you. Awesome gun-check. Awesome wife-check. I am jealous, I would settle for either one of those.

Awesome lady you have there. Enjoy it, hope it serves you well.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    Wife: "We should get one. They're cool!"
    Me:"Uuhhhh............what?"
    Wife: "We should get one of those."
    GREAtest WIFE EVER!!
    Does she have a sister?

Congrats. I've been looking at those, looking forward to a range report.

And try to not let your take up the whole picture.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

So.. when can I borrow her?

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

The KSG is one of those designs that I just hope stands the test-of-time. There's so much I like about it 'on paper'
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I have 3 Kel-Tec products: a P3AT, a PF-9 and a PLR-16. No issues with any of them! Sorry, but if every Kel-Tec was junk, they would probably be out of business. It's a "no-frills" gun at a no-frills price with as good a quality record as higher-priced junk.
    Well, you never met my PF9. I'd rather wait for a quality manufacturer to pick up on the design and make it well with frills.

I envy the guys with working Kel Tecs, but I'll never choose to employ one for my self defense needs.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I want a KSG. I definitely want a KSG. I read about them since they were in development, and recently held one at a gunshow. I couldn't believe how well it felt just holding it, I didn't want to put it down! It was $1,3xx FYI.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links