Wisconsin recognizing West Virg. license ... issued after 6/8/12.

This is a discussion on Wisconsin recognizing West Virg. license ... issued after 6/8/12. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have never seen one like this before, so it caught my interest.... and had not seen it posted anywhere. Link : WI Department of Justice ...

Thread: Wisconsin recognizing West Virg. license ... issued after 6/8/12.

Wisconsin recognizing West Virg. license ... issued after 6/8/12.

Have never seen one like this before, so it caught my interest.... and had not seen it posted anywhere.

Link : WI Department of Justice - Law Enforcement Services

Addition to the recognized out of state licenses]
    *West Virginia passed a new law effective 6/9/12 that requires a background check similar to Wisconsin for all new concealed carry licenses issued. Therefore, a West Virginia license ISSUED OR RENEWED AFTER 6/8/12 is recognized in Wisconsin. Previously issued West Virginia licenses are not. A copy of the WV law is attached.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

Talk about a 'legislative load' of toro feces...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Talk about a 'legislative load' of toro feces...
    I thought it a bit strange....

We had one , for some unknown reason, that there was no NICS check required if we had a license issued after such and such date..... and haven't figured out why they put it that way, when everyone who has a license is the same and gone thru the same background checks, etc. no matter when they got their license. It made no sense.

This one has a "reason" , but I'm wondering how many people will read the "fine print" and catch that it only applies if issued after that date.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links