Defensive Carry banner

Col. Jeff Cooper very ill

4K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  David III 
#1 ·
Jeff Cooper (The Father of American Pistolcraft)

Jeff Cooper

Posted on 09/13/2006 12:41:42 AM EDT

I have seen alerts on other forums that Jeff Cooper is in Intensive Care.

Quote:
Jeff Cooper is in extremely grave condition at this hour. Previously hospitalized for possible surgery, he suffered a heart attack and was revived in the hospital.

The heart muscle suffered serious damage.

It was posted at 19:28 hours EDT. on Free Republic

Folks this is an American icon in the world of combat pistolcraft. I have exchanged a number of letters with this man over the years. He founded the American Pistol Institute in 1973. It later became known as GunSite. I think of him as an original American. The epitome of the Rugged Individualist. Prayers for God's will. COL Cooper is in his 90's.

See less See more
#3 ·
A man whose work and ideas have probably empowered more people to stay alive than many walking the earth today. Prayers go out for him.

#4 ·
As always, my best wishes to Mr. Cooper for a quick recovery.

I have not always agreed with his way of thinkin' but I would say that he has done as much for the shooting(especially pistol) sports as Elmer Kieth and the like.

Best wishes sir. --------

#9 ·
I'm sorry to hear that. I have had the opportunity to visit with Mr. Cooper in his home and he autographed two of his books I had with me.

He's had a long, good life; I'm just not ready for him to go, but we all will have our time. This may be his. I'm gonna miss him.

#10 ·
''Our Jeff'' has probably now reached the end of his very long and effective journey thru life - I am just being realistic, however much I would and do wish him a full recovery.

Sadly he is no less mortal than any of us but it would sure be great if he was always there for future generations to come. They don't make em like that any more!

On his way he has been a bright star for most in the shooting community - an invaluable resource and commentator. Thanks Jeff - you are in many thoughts.

#13 ·
He has lived an interesting life and made a major impact on society.

He stood up for what is right, what is good and was not afraid to say exactly what he thought. He is a WARRIOR in all things.

For that he has my utmost respect.:congrats: :hand10:

His time of just reward may be quickly approaching.:king:

My prayers are with him and his family.

#14 ·
Mr. Cooper's passing, when it comes, will be a major loss to the shooting community. Hopefully, his writings will continue to inspire in generations to come.

May he pass peacefully, in God's own time.

#15 ·
The Colonel is one of my heros, a man's man, not afraid to speak what he feels to be the truth.
I pray for him and his family now and as he enters into his final safari with his much sought and loved scout rifle finally supplied to him in heaven.
It's been a pleasure knowing of you and trying to learn some of the wisdom you tried to impart.

GOD Bless

#17 ·
Thank you for your service in so many, many ways for all of us, Colonel.

Prayers go up for his recovery and for his family.

#18 ·
I Am Sorry...

to hear this news. I hope that there could be a change for the positive...but it doesn't sound good!

ret:urla9ub:

#19 ·
Hang In There, Colonel

All true Americans will be praying for you.

Semper Fi

#20 ·
Word this morning is that the Colonel is home and resting as well as possible. There is some confusion as to his overall condition and Pat Rogers is trying to confirm at this time.

#24 ·
The ol' gent who packed a 1911 around the house...

Quote by the Col.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized. The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles. —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle"

Those of you with high-up connections, see if you can put in a good word.

He's one of my heroes, I'm wishing him well. Check out the link below to read some of his stuff:
http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/

B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.