329NG

This is a discussion on 329NG within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just picked up a Smith and wesson night guard in .44 I love my big cal small guns! I have a Ruger Alaskan .454 and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dragman

Thread: 329NG

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

329NG

Just picked up a Smith and wesson night guard in .44 I love my big cal small guns! I have a Ruger Alaskan .454 and a S&W .500 and this .44 smith because of the lack of porting and the scandium frame kicks WORSE than either. I am actually not sure I am gonna keep it cuz it beats me up so bad that I can shoot my long range guns for 2-3 days after I shoot it. I shoot the pistol well but after a trip to the range my hand shakes bad. I don't like shooting gloves but may try them before I just get mad and sell the new gun.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Is .44 spec also bad?

I don't wanna shoot little power I want the best of both worlds.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Congrats on the purchase, but how many bears are you planning to shoot with the huge pistols.?

I think, unless its an obssesion with you, I'd keep just the .454 and call it a day.

Then maybe go get something else that you fancy.

Not saying they are wrong picks, but you and I don't live in the western part of the country where having a few large pistols would be a good thing.

Kind of like if we had a 7mm mag, a .300 win mag, a .375 Holland for where we live, and never went Dangerous game hunting in Africa, or Canada.

Unless you like collecting them and can afford to have them.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I don't wanna shoot little power I want the best of both worlds.
    fair enough

I looked at the NG 44 but I purchased the Gov.( so I could shoot both 45ACP, 45LC and the .410 ) It seems good. I think the .44 mag packs alot more punch than the 45 Colt.

I have a govenor with the crimson trace. awesome gun and lots of fun.

I don't need the big calibers but it is an obsesion only problem is if I have a gun I will shoot it and unlike my 500 and 454 this one just wrecks my hand. oh well I guess I will try a good shooting glove and hope it fixes the problem. if not it will still be pretty to look at.
    oneshot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I need the big calibers and it is an obsesion only problem is if I have a gun I will shoot it and unlike my 500 and 454 this one just wrecks my hand. oh well I guess I will try a good shooting glove and hope it fixes the problem. if not it will still be pretty to look at.
    Fixed it!!

Of course, if you decide it needs a new home... I promise that I would give it a new home and all the love it deserves...

Looked at a shell from a .500 S&W the other day, now I REALLY want to shoot one...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post

Looked at a shell from a .500 S&W the other day, now I REALLY want to shoot one...
    I shoot mine every 4th of July so mine will come out in a few days. I love to compare the 500 casing with a 357 or 44.

Links