The mighty 38 spl

This is a discussion on The mighty 38 spl within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess the best way to resolve this is just to be blunt; I dont have to defend anything. Its my thread, I am the ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: The mighty 38 spl

I guess the best way to resolve this is just to be blunt; I dont have to defend anything. Its my thread, I am the OP, and these are my opinions based on my experience and use with the cartridge.

You are welcome to start your own thread. Im not sure what your point was here anyway really. I was certainly not saying anything negative about the 357, the thread was merrily about the virtues of the grand old 38spl.

Lets look at some of your confusion;

"Now you are just being silly, I can do the same thing with a 357 and get 1600 fps"
    "You allude that you have the experience and I, or anyone who disagrees with you are the neophyte."
    "Ok, my bad, only 1476 fps."

Which is it? If you had to check figures to know a 357 mag didnt give your stated 1600 fps, I would say maybe you are.

"throw in other calibers to try and disparage the 357 Magnum."

Are you serious? You are taking a statement I made and twisting it to suit what you are wanting to say. Lets look at what I originally said;

"The 357 mag was one of my top cartridges. But when I need a magnum, I reach for the 44".

I think you completely missed the spirit of this thread.
    Secret Spuk and Cory1022 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    A Colt Super .38 ACP, "Old Lucky" a C engraved Single Action Army .45 Colt, and his Model 8 Remington.
    Yes!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I guess the best way to resolve this is just to be blunt; I dont have to defend anything. Its my thread, I am the OP, and these are my opinions based on my experience and use with the cartridge.

You are welcome to start your own thread. Im not sure what your point was here anyway really. I was certainly not saying anything negative about the 357, the thread was merrily about the virtues of the grand old 38spl.

Lets look at some of your confusion;

"Now you are just being silly, I can do the same thing with a 357 and get 1600 fps"
    "You allude that you have the experience and I, or anyone who disagrees with you are the neophyte."
    "Ok, my bad, only 1476 fps."

Which is it? If you had to check figures to know a 357 mag didnt give your stated 1600 fps, I would say maybe you are.

"throw in other calibers to try and disparage the 357 Magnum."

Are you serious? You are taking a statement I made and twisting it to suit what you are wanting to say. Lets look at what I originally said;

"The 357 mag was one of my top cartridges. But when I need a magnum, I reach for the 44".

I think you completely missed the spirit of this thread.

And all I did was state that my opinion does not agree with your opinion and stand by my statement that the 38 is not special. With your logic, the pinto is a wonderful mediocre car, that does everything you need.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Wow....

40Bob should just change his forum name to .357bobandeveryoneelsebedamned. That is simply my opinion in following this thread, and not personal. How the heck did a simple resurrected thread about the positives of the .38 spl turn into a caliber war, something that is usually frowned upon by the mods? There is a place for that, and it exists on other forums. Glockman, sometimes you can't win for losing, but I give you an "A" for effort trying to steer it back on course.

Cheers.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

for many mango seasons and still do, i carry a s&w model 36 as my "bug" with issue hydro shock +p+ ammo. works well,, all ways have.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

40Bob should just change his forum name to .357bobandeveryoneelsebedamned.
    Nice, but you totally missed the point.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Very interesting Post, thanks OP! I agree with you on the 38 special. I also like the 357 mag. My EDC is a Ruger Sp 101 3" 357, I have no problem with shot placement, I'll take a revolver over a simi auto, My Glock 19 is nice but don't shoot it to much any more.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

I have a GP-100 , sp-100 and an LCR 38sp+p I carry the LCR. I like the fact I can shoot 357mag in sp-100 and gp-100. When I need a heavy caliber I have a new super black hawk 44mag while camping in bear country. I think the 38sp is a great all around reasonably priced round and I'm slowly stocking up. I agree with the OP

RICH

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links