Illinois and Chicago just won't quit!

This is a discussion on Illinois and Chicago just won't quit! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This range is the closest to Chicago, only about 500 feet from the city limits. Located in Elmwood Park. I use to do all my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Illinois and Chicago just won't quit!

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

This range is the closest to Chicago, only about 500 feet from the city limits. Located in Elmwood Park. I use to do all my shooting here. Chicago had outlawed gun ranges within the city limits in the past. I believe the SCOTUS has overturned this ban as being unconstitutional.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2899249/posts
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have shot there myself, and I believe the Elmwood Park police use it also. The head of OSHA is an outspoken critic of firearm ownership and so this is just another way around the law.
    beararms likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I have shot there myself, and I believe the Elmwood Park police use it also. The head of OSHA is an outspoken critic of firearm ownership and so this is just another way around the law.
    Looks like we have a few things in common. Both live in Northern KY, shot at IGW, you wouldn't happen to drink Bourbon and smoke cigars?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Under the thumb. The establishment will always dictate things and there are many laws that let them have the ultimate power to do so for a period of time. The system only works under certain circumstances. The day somebody retains a good lawyer and sues for compensation.....things might change. Don't expect much out of the highest court in the land, and even then they don't exactly have the power to force anyone into being compliant.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Looks like we have a few things in common. Both live in Northern KY, shot at IGW, you wouldn't happen to drink Bourbon and smoke cigars?
    Yessir. We dine at Virgil's in your neck of the woods.

Back to the subject, most ranges are not subject to OSHA because they have fewer than 15 employees.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I guess that is the government's way of saying " firing range is OK,,,, as long
    as you DO NOT SHOOT IN IT."

Links