Without The Internet...

Without The Internet...

This is a discussion on Without The Internet... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got to thinking this morning how different my life would be without the Internet - and this is just gun related. Without the Internet, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Without The Internet...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Without The Internet...

I got to thinking this morning how different my life would be without the Internet - and this is just gun related.

Without the Internet, I would think open carry was no big deal.

Without the Internet, I would think a gun chambered in .380 was a handy size to carry and not think twice about it.

Without the Internet, I would not even think about owning an AR because I would think zombies only existed in the movies.

Without the Internet, my shotgun would be empty and the only ammo I'd have on hand are trap loads and pheasant loads.

Without the Internet, I would think someone was referring to a car when they mentioned a hybrid, not a holster.

Without the Internet, acronyms like CBST, CCW, CPL, EBG, ARFCOM, IWB, OWB and others wouldn't even look familiar.

Without the Internet, Smartcarry would be a method of lifting heavy objects.

Without the Internet, the only holster makes I would know about are Galco, Desantis and Blackhawk.

Without the Internet, $599 for a Springfield XD-S would seem normal.

Without the Internet, Gunzilla and Frog Lube would have completely different meanings to me.

Without the Internet, Amazon wouldn't be a place I would visit daily.

Feel free to share yours.

I price check EVERYTHING on amazon, so I'm right there with you...

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Without the internet I wouldn't scrutinize every detail of my guns ejection pattern, I would just go shoot them and have fun.
    Without the internet I wouldn't have any idea how to field strip my firearms. I mean, who knew that they come with manuals that tell you everything you need to know?
    Without the internet I would have no idea that bad guys are immune to FMJ's, and that at this point only some HP's work against them.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Without the internet!?

You know big brother can pull the plug anytime right? It's a privilege just like driving. Big brother made it in all it's glory for you to become dependent. Some of the best brain trusts in the world devised it for the specific use of the New World Order. The day they taketh away that which was bestowed will be the darkest days in the history of the world and those who need shall worship the beast and take the mark.

JD
    Administrator
    Without The Internet...

There'd be a lot less cursing in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Without the internet!?

You know big brother can pull the plug anytime right? It's a privilege just like driving. Big brother made it in all it's glory for you to become dependent. Some of the best brain trusts in the world devised it for the specific use of the New World Order. The day they taketh away that which was bestowed will be the darkest days in the history of the world and those who need shall worship the beast and take the mark.
    Need some tinfoil, do ya?

(just funnin' ya!)
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Need some tinfoil, do ya?

(just funnin' ya!)
    Just copper jacket and lead. Tin foil is for cooking. Once I'm done they can cook me if they want to.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Without the internet I'd have never known:
    That every stranger I encounter considers me a threat. Asking for directions to the Sports Bar could be interpreted as interviewing and place me in instant jeopardy.
    That everytime my dog barks, it is a call to arms!
    That the car behind me in traffic is actually a thug out to do me in. Double bogie if it is red and has tinted windows!
    That going to Wal Mart is akin to a suicide mission! Sorry Booger, the dog food is gonna have to wait a few more days until I summon up my courage to get out of the truck and go inside!
    That a classy female in high heels carrying a man's briefcase going into the bank is actually there to rob the place and I should take cover and call 9-1-1!
    That I should take a trusted friend, or maybe two, with me when I buy gas to cover me while I get out and pump!
    That if I see a car in distress beside the highway, pedal to the metal and shoot 'em the bird as I speed past!
    That if I was doing it the right way I'd have a closet full of holsters by now!
    That the maytag repairman is actually here to scope the place out and repairing appliances is only his hobby!

Ah yes, the internet has made me feel more secure in my day to day activities.
    mr.stuart and RKflorida like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

And Playboy would sell a lot better.
    mr.stuart and Doodle like this.

Without the internet:

I'd have no idea who to send my money to for bills. I'd have to get some of those things....what are they....those pieces of paper....oh yeah ...checks. I'd need some of those too. I'm assuming that when the web goes dark, they'll find me because I have no idea where they are.
    Hopyard and JD like this.

Before the internet, we actually used to sit down and talk to each other
    BugDude and ctr like this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Before email was so prevelant, people actually knew how to compose a letter. Email has made writing a report or business letter a lost art.

That being said, I am an informations junkie/sponge it is the best thing going.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Man, I would hate to write checks again for bill pay
    W9HDG likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Before the internet, we actually used to sit down and talk to each other
    This would be a hoot if it weren't so sad. I'm on one computer facing one wall of what was our son's room
    when he was still at home. Mrs. Hopyard is on the other computer facing another wall @ my back.

I heard her tell her sister that we don't talk anymore. We send e-mails.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    This would be a hoot if it weren't so sad. I'm on one computer facing one wall of what was our son's room
    when he was still at home. Mrs. Hopyard is on the other computer facing another wall @ my back.

I heard her tell her sister that we don't talk anymore. We send e-mails.
    I just texted everyone that dinner is ready.
    W9HDG and zonker1986 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links