Ok i need to ask all the LEO'S here a question please......

This is a discussion on Ok i need to ask all the LEO'S here a question please...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok i get a phone call from my 20 year old daughter last night. The police was at her house last night to arrest her ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By HotGuns
  • 1 Post By Yankeejib
  • 3 Post By MLittle
  • 1 Post By Eagleks
  • 3 Post By Crowman
  • 1 Post By alafan

Thread: Ok i need to ask all the LEO'S here a question please......

Ok i need to ask all the LEO'S here a question please......

Ok i get a phone call from my 20 year old daughter last night. The police was at her house last night to arrest her for resisting arrest? She have never been arrested before so how can she be arrested for that ? About a month ago her boy friend [ i refer to him as a thug] got arrested at the house next door for starting a fight but my daughter was not even at home. And it wasn't even at her address ? I'm i missing something ? Tried to call the DA but didn"t get a return call .

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Sounds like there's more to the story.

I'll be she didnt get arrested for "resisting arrest", but rather "failure to appear" or something along those lines.Its possible that they were there to arrest her for another charge, and she threw a fit, and they added that to what brought them there in the first place.
    Secret Spuk and WHEC724 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I asked the them as i was posting bail and the lady said she don't under stand her self. She said its not showing she has ever benn arrested before. I thought the same thing. Maybe she didn't tell me everything but the lady saaid that she is not showing any kind of charges at all prior to this one. And it was for resisting.

Senior Moderator
    It must have happened elsewhere and they tracked her back to her house. Seems like the most likley explanation.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

She has only lived in Limestone and lawerance county all her life. My sister is a dispatcher for limestome nothing there and lawerance is where thay told me that nothing else was showing up. That where she was arrested. Maybe a typing mistake ? If so will i get remberseted for the bail bonds man ?

Just be thankful they didn't flash bomb her and roll through the front door with an APV.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Get an attorney for her asap and don't let her speak to anyone until she has representation.
    Spirit51, Secret Spuk and Eagleks like this.

I agree with HotGuns. FTA or FTP

But like he said, there is more to it than she is telling you. And if she doesn't appear in court, you lose your money.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Nope... any accompanying or original charge... would be there as well if they were arresting her.... unless it was on a warrant, which you couldn't have if the records show she has never been arrested before , nor charged with anything before.

Material witness warrant ? But, if the only incident , she was not there, that's unlikely.

I would NOT be calling the DA.... my first call would have been to a good attorney and have them on it the first thing. A little pressure / initimidation and excuse to get her to give them some info about the boyfriend ?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

While you will get responses on this forum, your daughter really needs to seek the consul of a criminal attorney on this matter. As someone already suggested she needs to be silent (totally) until she talks with the attorney.
    Spirit51, Secret Spuk and WHEC724 like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I am not LEO, but you have gotten sound advice. She keeps quite unless to say, "I want to talk to my lawyer." and have a good one for her to talk to ASAP. Like all those who have told you this...it is sound advice.

Stop trying to guess what the deal is. Let a Lawyer handle it and again ASAP.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

The OP should get a CRIMINAL DEFENSE attorney for his daughter. Not a lawyer who does criminal work as a sideline to devorces and will's.

Outside the OP's daughter... How can someone be charged with resisting arrest alone? I'd be curious to know what state that is. I'd like to read that statute for resisting arrest. I wonder how you can have a resisting arrest without an underlying charge as the reason for the arrest in the first place.

It is possible that she may have done something to assist her boyfriend in avoiding a lawfull arrest. Here in Florida we have a charge of resisting arrest without violence, where in sum and substance if you say "Ummm Officer I'd rather not go to jail" You can be charged.

Its in Alabama. Going to find a attorney this morning. Thanks for all of yall's advice
    Spirit51 likes this.

In some jurisdictions you can be charged with "Resisting Arrest of Another" (Texas) and it might have occurred as mentioned while assisting the boyfriend during his arrest, that might explain why no other charges or previous arrest. As others have already said, get her a good criminal defense attorney pronto.
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

Links