Family started the 4th with a visit to the range!

This is a discussion on Family started the 4th with a visit to the range! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It was a great morning. My 9 year old daughter shot her CZ Scout, my wife shot her Ruger 10/22 , my 6 year old ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By DMan

Thread: Family started the 4th with a visit to the range!

It was a great morning. My 9 year old daughter shot her CZ Scout, my wife shot her Ruger 10/22 , my 6 year old son shot the Crickett, and I shot my AR and the rebuilt Ruger 10/22. It was a great morning, especially when I blew out the center of the target with the AR.
    My son was so happy that he was able to hit the 6 inch “Shoot-N-See” on the first shot at 25 yards. My daughter was working at the 50 yards and was able to put a couple right down the middle. My wife did a good job as well.

Another father, and his 8 year old daughter was also at the range, and happened to be shooting the same make/model as my daughter, except my daughter’s has the pink stock.

I recently made a trade for a new stock, put in a new match grade trigger, and yesterday my new green mountain fluted 18 inch bull barrel came in, so last night I swapped out the barrels with the original stock barrel. I can honestly say I have never in my life had a barrel that fit tighter into the receiver than I did this time. After multiple attempts of twisting and putting it in, then pulling it out and wiping it down, adding a touch of oil and trying again, and again, I finally got it in and aligned up, and took it to the range today. So today I did some work on bringing the scope back in. However, I am totally impressed with the new barrel. I was able to put a quarter size hole in the paper on the first go around, although the hole was high and right, it was making great groups right the first time out. I can hardly wait until I take the “new” 10/22 out again when I am not also paying attention to my daughter/son/wife and finish letting everything settle in and get it sighted in correctly.

The best way to celebrate the 4th – a family outing to the range!
    Badey, barstoolguru and WHEC724 like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Sounds like a good time with the family.

Distinguished Member
    Who needs firecrackers :)

Happy 4th!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Sounds like you had a great day. I went to my local range and it was so crowded I left and went back the next morning on the way to work.
    It's great your family enjoyed spending the day like that.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Who needs fireworks when you have firearms?

:D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Sponsored Links