Japanese Nambu Type 14

This is a discussion on Japanese Nambu Type 14 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently posted about beginning to build a modest WWII collection. Didn't really start out to do so, but each if my purchases have fallen ...

Thread: Japanese Nambu Type 14

Japanese Nambu Type 14

I recently posted about beginning to build a modest WWII collection. Didn't really start out to do so, but each if my purchases have fallen in my lap, I didn't go looking for them. Well, it's happened again. I got an e-mail from a friend about his friend wanting to sell a Japanese Nambu Type 14.

My friend is getting the gun for me to look at, so I don't yet know it's condition. What I know at this point is the date, 18.9. Did a little research, found out how to translate this, it was made in Sept. 1943. It is a first series Nagoya Arsenal. Further research indicates this was the second highest production year for the Type 14.

Based on the information I have, can anyone give me some approximate values based on if the condition is 50%, 60%, etc? I know it will be totally contingent on condition, and how bad the seller really wants to sell it. I have hardly ever seen one of these for sale in the Birmingham, AL area, and didn't pay any attention to them at the time. Any input would be appreciated!
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    There are a few listed here otherwise I have no experiace with them.

Firearms for Sale - Buy Firearms at GunBroker.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links