Election time is coming again...

This is a discussion on Election time is coming again... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had not given it much thought until I was at my LGS and an employee was commenting on the upcoming election and the effects ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By GoBigOrange
  • 1 Post By Sig35seven
  • 1 Post By Sig35seven
  • 3 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Election time is coming again...

Election time is coming again...

I had not given it much thought until I was at my LGS and an employee was commenting on the upcoming election and the effects on firearm and amo sales. He said that he ended up purchasing 4,000 rounds of .223. I immediately thought back to the 2008 election when I literally saw a line out the door of a near by shop. After a little thought I will probably purchase a thousand rounds for the AR and another pmag or two, some .40 and .45, and .38 if I do intact buy my 642. I am not as worried about the election results as I am the "mad rush" and I figure I will be using it at some point anyway...

Is anyone here going to be buying a new firearm or two, or amo before the election?

2. Remove Ads

I've got everything I need. I'll just wait until after the election when everything settles down again. I will, however, have fun watching the price of my Smith & Wesson stock continue to rise because of everyone else panic buying.

VIP Member
    Have never owned stocks before but am thinking now may be a good time to invest.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewsz7 View Post
    I am not as worried about the election results as I am the "mad rush" and I figure I will be using it at some point anyway...
    You should be very concerned with the election results.
    iblearning likes this.

Fear induced buying caused by the gun/ammo industry themselves. Feasting on their own kind.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    You should be very concerned with the election results.
    Why??? Gun rights have gotten better not worse.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I've got everything I need. I'll just wait until after the election when everything settles down again. I will, however, have fun watching the price of my Smith & Wesson stock continue to rise because of everyone else panic buying.
    The panic will continue until the "end of the world" in December. Once the sheep realize that the world isn't ending they will all of a sudden have a weapon that they have no idea to use or want the market will be flooded with LNIB weapons for cheap. Sell your stock right before the world comes to a end...

My stockbroker said guns and ammo could be a better investment than stocks given the "Fiscal Cliff" the USA is approaching. He was half-serious, but he has several Benelli's, M4's, etc. I am insanely jealous of his gun collection.

Yes, election time is coming. One choice is better than the other, both practically and strategically. Better for firearms owners. Better for the nation. It behooves us all to know how our government is designed to work and what is the rule of law. We also need to study the candidates' positions and their parties' philosophies prior to voting. We need to reexamine our moral compasses. America is in it's current mess because for such a long time voters haven't been thoughtful.

As far as guns/ammunition I'm set.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Links