Man leaves gun in airport planter to get through screening. "I'll get in later."

Man leaves gun in airport planter to get through screening. "I'll get in later."

This is a discussion on Man leaves gun in airport planter to get through screening. "I'll get in later." within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No gun on plane? TSA says man leaves it in planter - www.kivitv.com PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Police at Portland International Airport say an Oregon ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Man leaves gun in airport planter to get through screening. "I'll get in later."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

No gun on plane? TSA says man leaves it in planter - www.kivitv.com

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Police at Portland International Airport say an Oregon man who was told he couldn't carry a loaded gun through a security checkpoint disregarded the recommendation that he check the pistol through as luggage. They say the man dropped the gun in an airport planter box.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Damn, I never thought of that idea!!!!!!!
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

This guy IS an idiot. He didn't forget or misinterpret anything...his permit needs to disappear.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How did he ever make it to the age of 69? Dumber than a tree stump.
    mano3 likes this.

~30 years ago I was fresh off a bush plane & about to board a quick flight back to Houston from the Anchorage (Alaska) airport after a bear hunt. I reached in my jacket pocket and felt the embarrassing tinkle of three forgotten .338 rounds. Thinking quickly I casually backed-up to a large potted plant and nonchalantly dropped them into the pot from behind my back. There was a HUGE clatter and several airport employees within earshot began to giggle & shake their heads. I looked down and the pot was literally piled almost full of unfired rifle brass. Seems this happened all the time & was a standing joke with the regulars. I was told they had to empty the pot every 2-3 weeks and always got a nice variety of free, premium ammo. Times sure have changed, huh?
    mano3, bigmacque, Burns and 1 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The charges will never stick, it is obvious he was framed, the evidence was planted.
    Guest1, BugDude, beararms and 7 others like this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    How did he ever make it to the age of 69? Dumber than a tree stump.
    God protects children and fools ... any he misses, the gov't saves.

Dumb.... so .... dumb. I don't have words for this one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I realize that the second amendment is a right,but there are some people that really make you wonder how they lived to be 69,oh well he won't be handling any guns in the future
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Dumb and dumber:

Dumb: thinking he could take a loaded weapon through security and get on a plane.
    Dumber: leaving said gun out in public unsecured thinking that would be just fine.

Paying $20 to have it go through checked luggage (unloaded) turned into a hefty fine, possible jail time and loss of his constitutional right.
    beararms likes this.

Reckless endangerment was the charge. Seems clear he reckoned, but it's hard to imagine just how awful his thinking must have been. Such as, what would occur if someone picked it up for him from the planter, for example those who knew he'd attempted to come through the security checkpoint in the first place. Loaded, too. He'd have been in a real bind had the proverbial 3yr old child found the thing prior to his return. Dumb x2.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

do we know whether or not he had a permit?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    do we know whether or not he had a permit?
    My guess would be he didn't. I'm sure it would have been major headline if he did. "Permit Holder Endangers Women/Children and Small Animals Dumping Gun"
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Good thing he had a drop gun.

Planters are Good Things to have Handy!!!

Several years ago, I had to go to the local Federal bldg.
    Just before the magnetometer,I realized I had a little pocket knife in my pocket. (1-1/2" blade tops)
    Went back out,found a REAL planter with earth,dug 1" hole ,buried knife. When i came back out,I "disinterred" the knife.

I've traveled several times with pistols and I know to check them.

The local airport here in south FL,confiscates about 12 guns per month.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links