DPMS Oracle?

DPMS Oracle?

This is a discussion on DPMS Oracle? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll be getting my first rifle in 2-3 weeks, I've pretty much made up my mind on this one but wanted to get any reviews ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: DPMS Oracle?

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

DPMS Oracle?

I'll be getting my first rifle in 2-3 weeks, I've pretty much made up my mind on this one but wanted to get any reviews I could before I make the purchase (like I do with all my firearms). I know DPMS doesn't always get the best reviews (normally for reasons that aren't the greatest) but the ones I read all say the customer was happy with this rifle. And you really can't argue with the price.

DPMS Oracle Semi-Automatic 223 Remington/5.56 NATO 30+1 Cap $629.00 SHIPS FREE

$629

Is this often carried in many gun stores or would I have to order from buds?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Here is a better deal. Add $50 for a stripped lower and you will have a far higher quality rifle than the DPMS that also actually has a front sight on it... 16'' Hammer Forged M4A1 Rifle Kit - Rifle Kits - AR-15
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Here is a better deal. Add $50 for a stripped lower and you will have a far higher quality rifle than the DPMS that also actually has a front sight on it... 16'' Hammer Forged M4A1 Rifle Kit - Rifle Kits - AR-15
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd assume you don't get a warranty if you build with a kit, and I like my warranties :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd assume you don't get a warranty if you build with a kit, and I like my warranties :D
    PSA makes good on their parts...or supposedly they do. I haven't needed them yet, but I'd go that way.

Check out Dunham's or any other outdoors store that sells guns. They all tend to stock tons of the DPMS/Bushmaster stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    PSA makes good on their parts...or supposedly they do. I haven't needed them yet, but I'd go that way.

Check out Dunham's or any other outdoors store that sells guns. They all tend to stock tons of the DPMS/Bushmaster stuff.
    I have a few questions if this is the route I go, keep in mind I'm a noob when it comes to rifles.

If I somehow come up with the money for the kit do I just have it sent to my LGS?
    Will they still charge the $25-40 fee?

Is the kit easy to put together yourself when you frankly have no idea how to put it together?
    Do you need to buy any other tools for it or does it come with everything you need?

I found another rifle....

Doublestar Star 15 M4 16" 6 Pos. Stock 5.56 $669.00 SHIPS FREE

173/177 people gave it 5 stars on buds
    3 gave it 4 stars
    1 gave it 3 stars

$669

$40 more than the DPMS and looks to be much better quality. Opinions?

Double Star and Stag have good entry AR's,I am a Colt and Noveske man,Colt mostly,but my wifes AR is a Stag,has chrome chamber and barrel,she has about 3k rounds through it,no probs.With the dpms you will have to buy their front post,it is their gas block design,and at @120.00,unless you run optics only.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Double Star and Stag have good entry AR's,I am a Colt and Noveske man,Colt mostly,but my wifes AR is a Stag,has chrome chamber and barrel,she has about 3k rounds through it,no probs.With the dpms you will have to buy their front post,it is their gas block design,and at @120.00,unless you run optics only.
    Think I should go with the Double Star? It seems much simpler and even cheaper than putting the kit together, and seems much better than the DPMS

Just curious...why does the Double Star look "much better" than the DPMS? In what way?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Just curious...why does the Double Star look "much better" than the DPMS? In what way?
    More parts are mil-spec on this rifle than the DPMS oracle. And the reviews really say it all (not just the ones on buds).

You may want to look at Windham weaponry as a legitimate option as well.

jonconsiglio should chime in later,he is the one to listen to on A.R's,if not You might P.M. him and pick his brain.
    oneshot and NONAME762 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Armydad View Post
    You may want to look at Windham weaponry as a legitimate option as well.
    Out of price range. This is an early birthday gift from my wife I have a $670 limit.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    jonconsiglio should chime in later,he is the one to listen to on A.R's,if not You might P.M. him and pick his brain.
    Pm sent to him, thanks. And now.... time to sleep!!!

Hey bro, hang in there and we'll get you through this one. I'll PM you back in a minute.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not the only expert here, and I really wouldn't even call myself that. BUT, I do have a lot of knowledge on the subject and will often take the time to give detailed explanations of the small things many overlook. There are a number here with as much knowledge, or possibly more, I just happen to be the one that most often chimes in with long-winded replies!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links