Chicago Mayor OKs gang shootings, as long as you "step away from the kids" first.

Chicago Mayor OKs gang shootings, as long as you "step away from the kids" first.

This is a discussion on Chicago Mayor OKs gang shootings, as long as you "step away from the kids" first. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Quote of the Day: Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel OKs Gunfights Edition | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns “We’ve got two gangbangers, one standing ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Chicago Mayor OKs gang shootings, as long as you "step away from the kids" first.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Quote of the Day: Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel OKs Gunfights Edition | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

“We’ve got two gangbangers, one standing next to a kid. Get away from that kid. Take your stuff away to the alley. Don’t touch the children of the city of Chicago. Don’t get near them. And it is about values. As I said then [when a 7-year-old girl was shot and killed last month], who raised you? How were you raised? And I don’t buy this case where people say they don’t have values. They do have values. They have the wrong values. Don’t come near the kids — don’t touch them.”
    Mayor Rahm Emanuel getting tough on crime after the latest spate of Windy City shootings.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sounds good to me.

Michael

I'm glad we have these new rules of engagement to clarify the situation.

It's seems Emanuel is just telling the Gang bangers to stay away from children. What's he gonna do about it? Oh my, I bet that tough talk scared them away.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

MJK
    One who would commit murder will not be influenced by the mayor's statement. He is completely ineffective; his admonishments fall on deaf ears.
    Sig35seven and oneshot like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I'll bet the bangers are just quaking in their boots for fear of social disapproval.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Might as well talk to the moon!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Mayor Rahm Emanuel something Rahm and I can agree on.
    Now if he is serious about this we could cut the gang numbers down to a manageable number in the next 30 days.
    Open season Aug1 to Aug31.
    test question:
    Some years back Mayor Jane Byrne tried to stay at the Cabrini green projects, she had half the police force with her. How did that turn out?
    Of course the real story did not make it to main steam press that is how it world in Chicago but some of us were around.

Agreed. I have no issue with gang bangers killing each other. I don't see what the issue is?
    The Old Anglo and BurgerBoy like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

this guy is out in left field somewhere, when the shooting starts no one is going to stop so the kids can get out of the way

What's he talking about? It's kids half the time doing the shooting.
    oneshot and SFury like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Windy City full of windy people.
    Xader and Spirit51 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

MJK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Agreed. I have no issue with gang bangers killing each other. I don't see what the issue is?
    I don't share this viewpoint. It's very troubling whenever these kids resort to violence to settle their differences. But I don't have an answer on how to stop this craziness.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Well, tolerance is not the answer for certain.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

idiot
    WHEC724 and The Old Anglo like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links