Desert Eagle XIX grips...Made in Israel

This is a discussion on Desert Eagle XIX grips...Made in Israel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Soooo....I bought another Desert Eagle XIX in .50 AE yesterday figuring hey, I had a Made In U.S.A one, let me buy this one that ...

Soooo....I bought another Desert Eagle XIX in .50 AE yesterday figuring hey, I had a Made In U.S.A one, let me buy this one that says Made In Israel and has the IWI logo on the grips. Well, I failed to notice that these grips have no screw to remove and replace them, which blows my plan of putting Hogue finger-groove grips on it. I don't know if they are glued on or what the deal is. My question is (thank you for being patient) does anyone know if I remove them, will there be a way to put the Hogue grips on or will I have effectively ruined the grip with no way of fixing it? The Magnum Research websight gives no insight into this question. Thanks.

P.S.
    Your Desert Eagle jokes may commence..............now.
    Last edited by IsaiahM33; July 14th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Wow...no responses....not even the stray DE joke. A bit surprising. I emailed Magnum Research and I haven't gotten a response back from them yet either. I may have just found the holy grail of questions! That, or no one really cares.... Oh well.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Since no one really cares, this is basically me talking to myself. So, self, I went ahead and changed out those grips. Oh yeah? How did it turn out....you? Well, self, it came out pretty good once I looked it up on the internet and saw how to do it. Guess I should have done that in the first place.

Dude, you should have taken the "blue" pill.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Hey, I just joined the forum to reply, my de doesn't have the screws either, there is a vid on YouTube on how to disassemble the de, if you look at the but of the gun you will see a button behind the mag well. It's a button do but that's how

Links