Springfield XDs Vs Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Springfield XDs Vs Ruger LC9 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have the LC9, and while I really like the thin build for concealed carry, I'm also a but irritated with it. The fact that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDs Vs Ruger LC9

Springfield XDs Vs Ruger LC9

I have the LC9, and while I really like the thin build for concealed carry, I'm also a but irritated with it. The fact that the new XDs is out, makes me want to cheat on it even more. First off, the first mag I fired from 15 yards at a 8x11 target missed the entire target! All of them. That's a first. Turns out, the trigger pull is so damn long, you have to rest the trigger on the first joint of the finger, or you'll shoot low and left. Didn't have that problem the second trip to the range, but after only a total of 75 rounds, the front sights moved to the right significantly. They're sending me a new slide with the sight pinned, but it doesn't instill much confidence.

Well, the XDs is out now, and it looks like it is real close in size to the LC9, with the added advantage of
    45 ACP, which is my favorite round. XD quality is also good, and the trigger pull seems like it would be improved over the Ruger.

As I type this out, I think I might know the answer to what I should do, but would like your opinion. Which would you buy and carry between the two?

2. Remove Ads

XDS, no doubt about it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2, thanks for supporting it.

If you find one, let me know where... then we can race to the store cash in hand!

GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

They have them (at least they did this afternoon when I looked) at budsgunshop.comm but my local Sportsmans Warehouse said they have been receiving shipments and selling them, so once I decide and I'm ready, Ill probably go that route

Springfield XDS; no contest.
    "Hell is truth seen too late."

My local Sportsmans Warehouse got two of them in yesterday. I went down and held one. Wow, what a nice gun. Very thin and concealable. Held it next to an LC9, and they are almost identical in size. They were asking $519, which is a good price. So, I put 20% down, and put it on layaway until I either sell the LC9, or save up. Either way, it's mine and I'm very excited

XD-S ...... Very easy to shoot gun to me. I can run steel plates with it at 25 yards much better than with some of my full size guns. keep a eye on Grabagun.com a cpl times a day ...... they had em for under $540 and $5.99 shipping. But when they post em they go pretty quick.

One of my LGS had one yesterday. $599... Ouch!! I passed.
    Tony

I am new to the forum and I realize this is an old thread. I've carried a Ruger LCP for a year. About a month ago I bought an LC9 to carry. Today I went to my lgs and bought the XDs 9mm. The trigger on the lc9 is just something that kept me looking for something else. Can't wait to hit the range!

I will not buy a lc any thing it has a irritating to me LCI and a internal lock. Look I dont mind LCI but if it is this DSC00067.JPG I do mind . And if a xds takes down anything like a xd then I will be happy xd are easy guns to field strip and clean imop.

You can fix the trigger and such on the LC9 I know if you want to keep it they make aftermarket trigger

I'm going to keep it! I enjoy the gun, and if I can do something with the trigger it could find its way back into the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Greghan View Post
    I'm going to keep it! I enjoy the gun, and if I can do something with the trigger it could find its way back into the top spot.
    Galloway Precision :: Ruger? Performance :: LC9 and LC380 Performance Parts get this trigger I have the sweet pea on my lcp 380 and it is very nice

I have to vote for the XDs no question.

I have shot my friends LC9 (I am used to my SR40C) the trigger is just gritty.. didn't really like it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Like others have said, XDS hands down. I had both, and sold the LC9, hated it. Love the XDS. I do have an LCP though, and love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links