How do you polish a CM9 to shine like Chrome? Lets see what you got.

This is a discussion on How do you polish a CM9 to shine like Chrome? Lets see what you got. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't know if there is a specific post on how to get the brushed stainless to look like chrome, if so I haven't found ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bandrich

Thread: How do you polish a CM9 to shine like Chrome? Lets see what you got.

How do you polish a CM9 to shine like Chrome? Lets see what you got.

I don't know if there is a specific post on how to get the brushed stainless to look like chrome, if so I haven't found it yet. I've seen a few pics on this site of some mighty fine looking stainless and can't find them again. My question is how did you get it that way?

I've heard of different procedures from hand poishing with Mothers Mag Wheel polish, 2000 grit wet sanding, motorized grinder with polishing wheel. I would like to know what has worked for you and how it turned out.

Also did you remove the sights and trigger or leave them attached?

Pictures would be great!

2. Remove Ads

all I've done with my Kahrs is to polish the barrel using MAAS Metal Polish and a Dremel polishing attachment. MAAS doesn't do anything for the stainless slide, though. Changes the nasty yellowish chamber and barrel look to a shiny silver.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Not a Kahr but still shiny. done with 1500 grit

Before,

Smith before

After

2012-05-22_20-48-23_660

2012-05-22_20-54-15_620

Bonjorno2, love the shiny CM9. Do you know what the cost was on the whole job? I saw that Kahr on the kahrtalk forum and it was love at first sight. I like shiny things is that a personality flaw?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I polished my XD 45 slide using 3000 grit wet dry sandpaper from auto zone. Just enough grit to take off the small layer of finish but leave the slide virtually untouched. After that I used a polishing compound and my dremel polishing wheel and that was that

The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

get Dremel,Flitz metal polish and polish away...

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Bonjorno2, love the shiny CM9. Do you know what the cost was on the whole job? I saw that Kahr on the kahrtalk forum and it was love at first sight. I like shiny things is that a personality flaw?
    I can't remember what he said exactly... I know it was reasonable though... I've done a little polishing of mags before and part of my barrel ect... I'll include some pics, I just use mother's mag and alum polish and my hands. You have to be careful with a dremel because one wrong move and your in trouble! Here are some of my kahr 9mm mags and a naa 32.

I started with the stock magazine and am an hour and half into it and it is going ssllloooooowwwww. Going old school using Mothers and a soft cotton cloth and elbow grease. I may have to pick up a dremel and wheel. I may not have the patience for the entire project at this rate.

Looks to me like the Kahr was bead blasted from the factory. To get a mirror finish on it you will need to sand down until the whole thing is even with what is currently the lowest point. Power tools are a double edged sword but your going to be working a long time by hand.

Links