Woah Anti-Gun Crowd

This is a discussion on Woah Anti-Gun Crowd within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I had my first debate with an anti-gunner today. The topic of the aurora shootings came up at work and one of my employees ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Woah Anti-Gun Crowd

Woah Anti-Gun Crowd

So I had my first debate with an anti-gunner today. The topic of the aurora shootings came up at work and one of my employees started the anti-gun argument and I had to fight back. Man are these anti gun people so closed minded and stubborn it really got my temper boiling. No matter what I said she wouldn't budge on her views. Which I don't really care because everyone has their own views and is entitled to their own opinion. The thing that bothered me was that when I put the scenario in front of her that if someone was to pull a gun and threaten the life of her daughter and a CCW LEGALLY PERMITTED bystanding citizen was to neutralized the threat and saved the life of her daughter and her I asked what her reaction would be then and she replied " I would be pissed at him for having to resort to violence and vigilance with a gun"....... Wow. That really bothered me. Are you kidding me? You'd rather have someone kill your daughter than someone being around other than LEO that can defend her life? That's very stubborn. Idk just wanted to rant I guess. Not sure anything I just typed makes any sense to you guys as I'm still shaking from being pumped up and trying to stand my ground on this girls ignorance. What do you guys think? And have any of you encountered anyone this rediculously stubborn and biased?

2. Remove Ads

Your co-worker is nuts! Did you ask her if it were a uniformed LEO would she feel the same way? What kills me about anti 2A people is just the thought process that your co-worker has. Someone threatens your most valuable "asset" your seed and you still refuse to meet force with force. In your scenario how would the CC person be a vigilante? THe fact is they would not be!
    tcox4freedom likes this.

You can't fix stupid. So don't try.

If someone has chosen to be a victim that is their choice. I do not have to respect it but I won't interfere.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

we are the hall moniters of the civilian population. scorned by most until something goes wrong and people come running for help.
    ive found the best policy is to avoid these situations with people who i know to be ignorant. when you grow up in a place where youre not worried for your life every day, personal protection is not something most folks think about. everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but that does not make it the correct opinion. protecting the weak from ill used power is right, standing by watching is wrong. opinions dont change facts.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy...

M&P 45c, S&W 642, Browning BPS

It's very easy to be ignorant and to be a sheep. But I bet that if someone walked in the office and starting shooting people, but you did nothing then she'd come after you later hollering at you for not doing anything. There's no winning scenario with people like that.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I lived with a guy in college who was like that. We had debates constantly for two years about all sorts of philosophical topics. He originally said that there was never a reason to kill another human being. Nothing. After two years and several hundred cases of beer, I changed his views slightly on these topics. He is still a wimp, but he is generally a good person.

also this is a quandry we put ourselves in. we carry to protect ourselves and our loved ones. but now someone is killing other people and.morally we have an obligaion to stop that. so as long as a ccw'er is around, these folks can bask in their ignorance safe and sound while we risk life limb and freedom. doesnt seem right
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy...

M&P 45c, S&W 642, Browning BPS

Quote Originally Posted by mandpeter View Post
    we are the hall moniters of the civilian population. scorned by most until something goes wrong and people come running for help.
    ive found the best policy is to avoid these situations with people who i know to be ignorant. when you grow up in a place where youre not worried for your life every day, personal protection is not something most folks think about. everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but that does not make it the correct opinion. protecting the weak from ill used power is right, standing by watching is wrong. opinions dont change facts.
    I, for one, don't consider myself to be anyone's hall monitor. I'm not armed to protect the sheep, necessarily.
    kerberos, baren, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

It all boils down to, at what point you give up on the "Thou shall not kill" commandment. Strictly, I do not see any exceptions but I carry and I will shoot. As a retired VietNam veteran, unfortunately I did quite a bit of killing. I wish that it was otherwise but it is not.
    rdpG19 likes this.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

She argued that "she was raped and mugge twice in morocco while living there and she has no urge to carry a gun so why should anyone that nothing like this has happened to." and "do you get mugged very day are you put in a defense situation that you need a gun every day? No so why do you need it." I'm like are you kidding me. You've been mugged twice and don't want to defend yourself that's why it's going to happen again idiot and they'll kill you next time. And stuff happened every hour every single day everywhere it's just a matter of if or when it actually happens to you. And I choose to be prepared if it does happen to me. She has the view that anyone who has a gun is automatically a ravaged crazy vigilante that will shoot someone just for cutting them in line at the coffee shop.
    Last edited by RugerSRGuy; July 21st, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Spelling

Everyone has a right to their opinion & unfortunately many are being told all violence is caused by evil guns. Worse part is they are being convinced (BrainWashed) at younger ages now.

This tragedy can be looked at from both sides but IMO only one side makes any real since. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will not make anyone safer from bad people. Guns don't Kill People, People Kill People.

None of us can honestly say in any situation we could actually stop a tragedy but one thing is 100% true we all have a better chance if bad people don't know if their intended victims are also armed.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

The way I look at it is that if I have to choose between a world that if someone is killing people in front of me and my only option is to lay down for cover and pray LE gets there's quickly to save me before I'm shot dead in my tracks or a world where myself or someone there at that exact moment can stop the threat and save my life and many others before LE can possibly even get there I will choose the second option 11 times out of 10.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    This.

Some people just don't get it. I've had the "mind boggling" and "blood boiling" experience of 'chatting' with anti's before. Most recent conversation went like this...

ME: So you agree that criminals break laws, and even if all guns were illegal than criminals would still use guns/weapons?
    Them: yes of course
    ME: But you don't want law abiding citizens to carry guns of their own?
    Them: No, I don't think they should be able to legally, its not safe.
    Me: So you acknowledge that criminals carry guns, but want to make sure innocents don't have guns. Isn't that an unfair advantage to the criminal?
    Them: No,I don't think its safe for people to carry guns...
    Me: but you just said criminals will have guns,..
    Them:Yeah unfortunately they do,..
    Me: and you don't want innocent people to have guns to defend themselves. Therefore the criminals will have the upper-hand.
    Them: I don't think its safe. Only cops should carry guns.
    Me: how is it safe for criminals to have guns to use against unarmed citizens?
    them: its not, I don't want criminals to have guns,nobody does,.. but I don't support citizens carrying guns, its not safe.

Round and round. They just don't see it! Its been said many times on this board...Some people just won't learn until they get into a nasty situation and realize how helpless their decisions have rendered them.Some folks just have blinders and think horrible things like the theater shooting only happen "far away" and its only stuff they read about in the newspapers. Maybe because they live in a "nice neighborhood/town", or "work a nice job", ...the list keeps going on and on.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I think those that look like food will be eaten. That is the law of the world we live in. I would also remind her that when seconds count, help is often minutes away.........
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links