Looking for a boresighter

This is a discussion on Looking for a boresighter within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm looking for a boresighter for my AR15 and my grandsons new Ruger 10/22 takedown. Looking on the web there aren't many that get glowing ...

Thread: Looking for a boresighter

Looking for a boresighter

I'm looking for a boresighter for my AR15 and my grandsons new Ruger 10/22 takedown. Looking on the web there aren't many that get glowing reviews. I need your experience and thoughts. Thnx.

2. Remove Ads

IMO....Bushnell laser bore sighter. Ive had mine for years and use it for sighting in customers rifles as well as my own. I think you can find these on EBay from time to time, but check Amazon.

Best way to boresight an AR15 is seperate the upper from the lower,remove BCG and then aim the cent er of the barrel at the target and adjust the scope/red dot sight until they intersect the center of the bore,that will get you on paper and you can final zero by firing rounds and making final windage and elevation adjustments
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Don't over-estimate what you can do with them. They are for getting on paper out to 25 yds max, not 100 like some claim.

Skip the boresighter for the 10/22. I've scoped 4 of them and that tool just isn't needed. Put your first target at 25 yards or so and see where the shots land. Unless you've got a real oddball of a gun or a defective scope, you should be within a few inches of POA. Dial it in 3 shots at a time until you're dead on at 25 yds, then fine-tune at 50 yards.

Also, figure out in advance at what range you want to zero your scope - highly dependent on the type of shooting you'll be doing, and your ammo.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links