gun sales up 41% in col. since the theater shooting

This is a discussion on gun sales up 41% in col. since the theater shooting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Between Friday and Sunday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm — a 43 percent ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard58
  • 1 Post By whoppo

Thread: gun sales up 41% in col. since the theater shooting

gun sales up 41% in col. since the theater shooting

Between Friday and Sunday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm — a 43 percent increase over the previous Friday through Sunday and a 39 percent jump over those same days on the first weekend of July.
    So much for gun control, people are going into a buying frenzy

Dion Studinski, who teaches a course required for people to apply for a concealed-carry permit, said his class for Saturday at Firing-Line gun store and indoor shooting range in Aurora is overbooked.

Demand for guns in Colorado jumps in wake of movie massacre | Fox News

another look

Aurora theater shooting: Gun sales up since tragedy - The Denver Post

2. Remove Ads

Maybe people are getting smart and finally getting some protection since police can't hold ur hand 24/7
    mano3 likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Maybe people are getting smart and finally getting some protection since police can't hold ur hand 24/7
    Actually the spike in sales has more to do with worry over what new legislation we might be faced with in the aftermath of this tragedy.

Distinguished Member
    It's sad that it often takes a tragedy such as Aurora to make some people realize just how vulnerable they really are. At least some folks now understand that they need to be responsible for their own personal protection.
    mano3 likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Actually the spike in sales has more to do with worry over what new legislation we might be faced with in the aftermath of this tragedy.
    I think it is probably a combination of both and the fact that it is in the news. I am not sure if there is any way to determine why customers are purchasing unless you asked all of them.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Betting someone in the media will decide it's just the BG's buying more guns to do bad things.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think it is probably a combination of both and the fact that it is in the news.......
    +1 I definitely think it's a combo of reasoning that's spiking the gun sales and permit classes. But even still, none of this will help if you are in a so-called "gun free" zone.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think it is probably a combination of both and the fact that it is in the news. I am not sure if there is any way to determine why customers are purchasing unless you asked all of them.
    Agreed; if sale were based on pending legislation then self-defense classes would not be over booked and booked solid 3 weeks in advance. If someone was to check I bet they would see a jump in all classes of self defense

What good will it do to own 100 guns when you can't legally carry them anywhere a sign is posted? Home defense, sure, but obviously it was the Cinemark Psycho who spawned this hysteria. I'm agreeing with those who say it's fear of more restrictive gun laws in CO. Which won't happen, but I guess a little paranoia never hurt too many people.

Links