Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received this note from a friend and hoping you folks can help me help him. Thanks for your time and interest. Jim Hi Jim: ...

Thread: Need some help

Need some help

I received this note from a friend and hoping you folks can help me help him. Thanks for your time and interest.
    Jim

Hi Jim:
    Stopped by your house this afternoon but no one home.
    Duder (Alan Reitz) asked be about a Pistol he has.
    It's a Llama Extra, 9mm/ 380. My research so far tells me that Llama began production of this model,* in 1931 and it ran through 1954. His is a "model III .380 acp" and I'm not certain when the model III came out. His has what I think is a relatively low serial number 47042. Here's the question and you have much more knowledge about this than I do.
    The wood grips are inlaid with a "Gold/Brass" colored U.S. and the U.S. is set into the wood grips. I can't find any reference to the U.S. buying Llama's for our military. That certainly could be out there but I haven't found it. I have a request in to "guncollectors.com" forum to post this question but that haven't gotten back to me yet.
    Looking for any history on this pistol, and the U.S. on the grip. if possible maybe a value range also. In my opinion it's in extremely good condition but certainly not mint.
    *************************** Thanks in Advance.
    **************************** Rick

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    From what I found, the "Extra" designates it is a long slide model. I doubt the gun was bought and used by the US government, especially in .380. It appears they were also available in 9mm Largo and .38 Super. Judging by the looks of it, it appears to be built on a standard 1911 style frame, so the grips could be after market surplus grips.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Google Gun Value Board, you can join and post this question. They have a lot of experts there. Sometimes it is slow but there are some very knowledgable people.

Links