I confess

I confess

This is a discussion on I confess within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Time to get it out. The AR/m4's I own are not for hunting. This may surprise a few but neither are those copy cat Semi ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I confess

I confess

Time to get it out. The AR/m4's I own are not for hunting. This may surprise a few but neither are those copy cat Semi auto Ak's I own.
    Now I would have though most would know that ,here taking deer with a .223 in a no go. And with a few nice 700's and Ruger 77's in different calibers any smart person would have figured out those and the 30-30 were for hunting.
    So let me be honest the so called assault riflers are for target shooting a long practiced sport.
    Now for some more honesty, I target practice so if some day I must defend myself or others from BG's these well made weapons will be in the right hands.
    Guilty I chose to defend myself rather than cave in to the BG's.
    Time to come clean
    NH_Esau, phreddy and ErnieNWillis like this.

Please excuse me, but I'm not really sure what you're confessing? I have a few rifles, some of which are assault and I don't hunt either. They're fun to shoot and will without a doubt come handy if SHTF. I really just enjoy shooting different types of weapons.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    I use my FAL for hunting
    mprp and XDshooter like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Time to get it out. The AR/m4's I own are not for hunting. This may surprise a few but neither are those copy cat Semi auto Ak's I own.
    Now I would have though most would know that ,here taking deer with a .223 in a no go.
    Well now friend, today is your lucky day, because here in the great state of Arizona, not only is hunting deer with a .223 legal, you can do it with a 30 round mag! First shot a miss? No problem, just try again. Second shot a miss? No worries, you just keep right on shooting until that 30 round mag is finished. Still having a difficult time killing Bambi? Screw on your legally owned suppressor and really confuse the heck out of him. Shoot safe

This message was paid for by the Pro-Gun Fun Club.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Now I would have though most would know that ,here taking deer with a .223 in a no go. And with a few nice 700's and Ruger 77's in different calibers any smart person would have figured out those and the 30-30 were for hunting.
    So let me be honest the so called assault riflers are for target shooting a long practiced sport.
    Now for some more honesty, I target practice so if some day I must defend myself or others from BG's these well made weapons will be in the right hands.
    Guilty I chose to defend myself rather than cave in to the BG's.
    Time to come clean
    That sure did take some guts Smitty. Not everyone thinks like that. May want to let your fingers do the walking and find a counselor.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Assault is an offensive term. Perhaps they are defensive tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always hunting for the best group on paper myself.

I hunt with my AR and AK.

Oh wait, no I don't....at least not yet. Good thing my zombie permit never expires!

I just find it amusing when I here some trying to convince others that these are hunt weapons . Lot of talk on news last two days about them being hunting weapons.
    We should not have to bother with excuses why we own them. If we are breaking no laws what does it madder.
    I though the term Assault was a verb not a noun, I would have thought that any thing used take a person down could be called an assault weapon.

I'm hanging onto my Stag 16" for when the "men with the blue helmets" show up to collect our "assault weapons". They can have mine, one bullet at a time...
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    AR's have gotten big in the predator hunting world. I use mine every winter for coyote hunting and predator control. When coming across a pack of coyotes where there are more than three a bolt action rifle won't do much good. As by the time you reload they are gone. Now shooting more than a triple is very hard its still nice to try and will be a great feat if ever done. In my mind anyway.

I hear helicopters....
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    All of my stuff is for hunting.

From the short barrelled AR's with the 100 C-mags..
    The .50 BMGs with the two thousand dollar scopes...
    To the suppressed rifles with night vision
    and even Turk Mauser with the 2 foot long bayonet.

It just depends on what I am hunting.
    glockman10mm and CowboyColby like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Anything pointed at me is an assault weapon.

If your AR is not legal round to hunt your prey with, well, then you bought the wrong caliber AR. They come in a variety of calibers these days after all.

Wisconsin limits the minimum round size for larger prey, but not for small game.

At least the .223/5.56 rounds are just over the minimum legal size limit for deer. There are a surprising number of people that take AR style rifles into the woods. Most of the people using them (that I see) don't seem to drag anything out, but that is another discussion.

The most important thing to remember though, is that most guns are not bought to hunt with today. Think of how big the three gun competitions are getting, and the AR style of rifle is huge in that arena. Not too mention long range shooting competitors as well that often use AR style rifles as well.

Hunting is not the only reason people buy guns. It never was the only reason despite the popular misconception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links