I finally caved in

This is a discussion on I finally caved in within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I did it. I finally did something I thought I'd never do: in a moment of weakness I bought a Glock. The 30 to be ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pscipio03

Thread: I finally caved in

Red face I finally caved in

I did it. I finally did something I thought I'd never do: in a moment of weakness I bought a Glock. The 30 to be exact. I'm a Springfield guy and have never been truly interested in owning a Glock other than to see what all the fuss is about. Soooo, I went to my local dealer to get an XDs. Something in me said, 'Try it out first', and luckily they had one to rent. Went through my first mag and was loving in. Controlable snap, good grouping at 10 yds (a bit to the left though), and it had great weight. Then------ FTF. Try to eject and spent 5 minutes trying to rack the thing and thought I was gonna need the jaws of life when I finally broke it free. It had struck at least a mm off center of the primer. In addition, it had caved in the round below it still in the mag.
    I expect that out of a cheap pistol, not a brand new SA.
    Bad juju, so decided to give the old block a try. Impressed instantly. It has the most distinctive feel when racking a round. Can't even describe it. It jusy feels,,,, right. Put aside the XDs, told the guy to wrap up the G30, and here we are.
    Still doesn't hold a candle to my XDm 3.8 45ACP. Sorry for you Glockheads out there. But, I do now see why you guys love em so !
    Ionracas likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    atta boy
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congrats! Still a springfield guy myself

No need to appologize to us. You gave something a chance that you may not have under other circumstances. Glad you enjoyed it and goodluck with the lol "block." Not poking at ya, I thought that comment/name was pretty funny.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Congrats on the new gun! Now you should get it's big brother, the 21.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Better yet, G21 mag and a sleeve . . . cheaper and higher capacity.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    In the Bible Moses turns his staff into a snake in an attempt to convince Pharo of the truth in his message. Egyptian magicians do the same with their staffs but Moses's snake eats the other snakes.

For years Glock has been whispering truth to you but you were hearing Springfield's magicians.

The moral is that soon your Glock will consume all other guns in your safe. Resistance is futile
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Might not be the best looking guns... but they sure are reliable! I have a G19 on my list of things to buy, may be a year or 2 before I do tho.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Good for you! G30 fan myself for several years.

I love my G30SF. The more you shoot yours, the more you are going to like it !!

Have been a Glock guy for 10 years and love them. But, am now carrying the new Springfield SDX 45 and it is grat at the range and in my Sticky holster

Whoops meant the Springfield XDS

I also had an XD for a while. No place to rent one in my neck of the woods. Shot it several times and just did not shoot it well and sold it to a guy. There was a place in a town close by that rented Glocks with an indoor range. Really liked the Glocks and shot them well. Bought a 30 and then later bought a 21SF. My wife also got the Model 19 9mm. I'm still partial to 1911's with a commander size and an officer size that can carry. I just still love the way a single stack 1911 feels in my hands.

Just rented the new gen 19 Glock and really liked it. I have an old 17 that is still doing great after about 25k rounds. Will probably trade for the 19 that comes with 3 15rd mags. I got the Springfield based on a recommendation of a former Sexret Service friend.

Took it to my outdoor range and it performed flawlessly. Accuracy is very dependent on good ammo. Tried some cheap-o paper punchers and I was all over the place. Put in some good Winchester and it was a different story. Guess the little guy liks the expensive stuff.

Links