Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

This is a discussion on Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are you suggesting that a private property owner should not be able to control what happens on their property? Are you suggesting the a guest ...

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

Are you suggesting that a private property owner should not be able to control what happens on their property? Are you suggesting the a guest at a location has more rights than the owner of the property?

I am not justifying anything. There is no justification for the illegal actions of the one shooter, and it is not ok that the people died. The fact that the theater didn't want concealed weapons on their premisis didn't cause the people to die. The shooter did.

As much as folks want to argue the point, there are long standing statutes, and court rulings that support private property rights. That is not going to change any time soon, no matter how much some wish it. Our 2A rights do not supercede private property rights, any more than someones 1A right supercedes a property owners rights.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

You don't own a business do you, or never have a suspect. Nothing wrong with that, but making a buck isn't as easy as some think it is.
    I had a small trucking co so I can tell you how bussiness is run and the parent co doesn't owns 439 movie theaters because they aren't make money. this was in aug of 2006 so the numbers are up
    The combined enterprise will exhibit movies to over 200 million patrons annually in approximately 391 theatres with 4,395, screens in 37 states and 13 countries. Lee Roy Mitchell will remain the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. Raymond Syufy and Joseph Syufy will join the Board of Directors, representing Syufy Enterprises, LP.
    Cinemark USA, Inc. Acquires Century Theatres, Inc. - BigScreen Journal: The BigScreen Cinema Guide

Do I like gun free zones. No. However as a property and business owner I believe private parties have every right to post them on their property. When folks start wanting to dictate what someone can do with their own property because they feel they are limiting your rights, gives me reason to question whether folks respect the rights of others as much as they do their own.
    well then we need to stop telling them to add handicap parking and ramps, and we can get rid of those extra-large bathroom stalls and put in an extra urinal, they can refuse service because of a person’s color or even make them sit in the front row so they have to bend their necks... we spent 430 million dollars regulating chemical plants we can save all that money too after all I bet they really hate someone coming in and telling them what to do and the list goes on...

heck; they can sell beer without a lic too... we all would like to see the regulation go away.... how about this; if you don't like the regulations you can build a movie theater somewhere else...the last time I checked the people carrying legally are the only ones not carrying because of the signs.

There is a thread that was posted a couple of days ago about a movie theater that seen a guy walk in with a gun and they couldn’t find him so they stopped the movie and asked who ever has a gun please stand and three people stood …. Three people with permits but I bet if someone did a physical search they would have found more. If people are carrying illegal get caught the charges are the same if they stood or not… so why stand… same with the signs….they are just another way for the movie theater to not get involved legally……… is it just another out? We will see

Edit: I asked it before and got no answer so I will ask it again; what is the magic number when someone needs to add security? 2000 people in an amusement park… they have security. 2000 people at a water park…. they have security, 2000 people at the zoo…..security…… 2000 people at the movie theater NO security/ no guns allowed…. What is the biggest target for a mass murderer?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I did answer it. There is no magic number...go back and find my post. As far as handicapped and race etal...I am sorry to inform you that gun owners are not a discriminated class. They are refusing your gun, not the person. So get over that.
    Theaters and other places can control your speach also, not just yelling fire.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I did answer it. There is no magic number...go back and find my post. As far as handicapped and race etal...I am sorry to inform you that gun owners are not a discriminated class. They are refusing your gun, not the person. So get over that.
    Theaters and other places can control your speach also, not just yelling fire.

So what if it is my religious belief? ..... we will call it:

Glock-nostic

and every one is welcome
    So now they can’t ban us because that would be discrimination right? by the way I am not catholic any more, I am Glock-nostic

here are more:http://www.625guns.com/gunreligions

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    19-elev-angelist
    I might start using that descriptor...
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

@barstoolguru:That arguement borders on idiotic. Good day. If you decide to retort with something reasonable and intelligent I will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That arguement borders on idiotic. Good day. If you decide to retort with something reasonable and intelligent I will be here.
    there is a football term for that; it's called "clipping"......

help this treads dyeing and it can't get up

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    So what if it is my religious belief? ..... we will call it:
    Glock-nostic
    and every one is welcome
    So now they can’t ban us because that would be discrimination right? by the way I am not catholic any more, I am Glock-nostic
    here are more:Gun Religions of the World | www.625guns.com
    Guns are not recognized religious beliefs. That one won't fly. Even if a gun was part of the religion, the property owner doesn't have to let you "practice" your religion on their property, they just can't exclude you do to your beliefs. If your religion practices snake handling, folks can certain keep you from bringing your snakes to their property.

Nice try though. Maybe your could get your priest to give you a bunch of wine and see if you can exercise your religion by partaking of the Blood while you watch the movie.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Guns are not recognized religious beliefs. That one won't fly. Even if a gun was part of the religion, the property owner doesn't have to let you "practice" your religion on their property, they just can't exclude you do to your beliefs. If your religion practices snake handling, folks can certain keep you from bringing your snakes to their property.

Nice try though. Maybe your could get your priest to give you a bunch of wine and see if you can exercise your religion by partaking of the Blood while you watch the movie.
    I agree. Between freedom to be of a certain religion and freedom to discuss religion only one of those can be outlawed by a website. And only one falls under the category "freedom of religion". The gummint can only guarantee us the first one, and this amendment (1A) is even more misunderstood than the 2A. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of speech. It means if the President is a Whig and I'm a Tory and he thinks Tommy guns should be illegal, I can't be arrested for saying they shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

well then I will just have to bring my GF, by the way she is handi-caped so they can't refuse her.
    terror.jpg
    while I am wearing my new shirt
    $(KGrHqZ,!hQE7RO7bjm4BPICHuD55!~~60_35.jpg
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Ought to be interesting to see where this one goes. I'd bet a Starbucks grande extra hot triple non fat decaf two pump vanilla no foam latte with cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles that some lawyer takes this one on.
    I ain't takin' this bet - cause I don't have enough cash to pay for that drink!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I am 100 percent certain folks will get money from a lawsuit, whether jury awarded or a payoff. That happens all the time. I just think that using the angle that someone was denied rights is horse hockey

this is from another tread just started:
    After Smith took a seat, an off-duty Westlake police officer who was providing security to the movie theater asked to search the bag.
    security officer made a difference..... who would have figured!!!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...sted-ohio.html

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this is from another tread just started:

security officer made a difference..... who would have figured!!!

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...sted-ohio.html
    From same article:
    In a statement emailed to the Daily News, Regal spokesman Russ Nunley said the cinema chain takes "safety and security very seriously." He added that Regal prohibits all patrons from carrying firearms or concealed weapons into theaters and that the theater reserves the right to search anyone's backpack, package or bag.
    First, kudos to the officer for being suspicious and checking the guy out. Now, the security in place would not have prevented the man from doing harm if he carried in the weapons on his person in concealed holster. Of course security works. So some folks here can get off their high horse as if they are the only ones that think like that. I thought this was a mature thread..anyway. The theater does not allow weapons in either.

Edit: We do not know from the article but I would assume that security at a lot of theaters were beefed up after Aurora and that existing security (guards) would be more diligent. That means lessons learned from Aurora...not negligence in Aurora.

In a statement emailed to the Daily News, Regal spokesman Russ Nunley said the cinema chain takes "safety and security very seriously." He added that Regal prohibits all patrons from carrying firearms or concealed weapons into theaters and that the theater reserves the right to search anyone's backpack, package or bag.
    sounds like russ is hamming up in the spot light to make a "corporate statement"... why didn't he say " we should have done this earlier and 71 people might have been saved a lot of pain but we like higher profits"

I thought this was a mature thread..anyway. The theater does not allow weapons in either.
    he probably didn't see the sign or just didn't care

We do not know from the article but I would assume that security at a lot of theaters were beefed up after Aurora and that existing security (guards) would be more diligent. That means lessons learned from Aurora...not negligence in Aurora.
    The publicity of a second shooting would be financially devastating and collapse the movie going industry so how can you make a statement like that?
    Last edited by barstoolguru; August 7th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

Links