Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit - Page 3

Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

This is a discussion on Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Where is that popcorn and lounge chair icon............

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

Where is that popcorn and lounge chair icon.........

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    @barstoolguru...please explain to me how their rights wwere denied without mixing it up with security issues and who is responsible for what...You seem to have forgot that was part of your post.
    The fire exit door was unlock/jimmied. The movie theater had a responsibility to make sure that door did not open from the outside and to control access. No fire alarm was triggered when A FIRE DOOR was opened which might be a violation of the fire code

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    The fire exit door was unlock/jimmied. The movie theater had a responsibility to make sure that door did not open from the outside and to control access. No fire alarm was triggered when A FIRE DOOR was opened which might be a violation of the fire code
    So what right was being denied? Your previous posts imply that it is the 2nd A......please explain.... So far you said they may have violated a fire code. I am not even aruging that something like that is why folks sue..I am trying to see how you tie this into the denial of them carrying

BTW: Reports show that he opened the door from the inside and propped it opened.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    all that is saying is they didn't want to waste the man time hunting down her ex to arrest him and has little or nothing to do with this discussion

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    So what right was being denied? Your previous posts imply that it is the 2nd A......please explain.... So far you said they may have violated a fire code. I am not even aruging that something like that is why folks sue..I am trying to see how you tie this into the denial of them carrying

BTW: Reports show that he opened the door from the inside and propped it opened.
    a fire alarm would have stopped this and like I said it might be a fire code violation

all that is saying is they didn't want to waste the man time hunting down her ex to arrest him and has little or nothing to do with this discussion
    It is a direct reply to something you said. The cops have no duty to protect you. If even they don't have a duty to protect you, it's ridiculous to demand that a theater somehow does.

a fire alarm would have stopped this and like I said it might be a fire code violation
    OK, so you refuse to answer how their 2A rights were denied..fine. Done here

The legal and constitutional scholars abound on the internet...
    OD* likes this.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

here is number one of many. chalk up one for the internet lawyers.

Attorney Don Karpel told TMZ the suit will allege that the Century 16 theater, which is owned by[B] Cinemark, was negligent for not having the exit door guarded or equipped with an alarm that would sound when it opened.[/B] (Holmes reportedly left the theater via the exit door, propped it open, and re-entered with his weapons.) The suit also targets Warner Brothers, blaming their movie's violence for inspiring Holmes. Also named in the suit: suspect James Holmes' doctors, if they exist, for hypothetically not monitoring his hypothetical mental condition adequately.

Report: Shooting survivor plans to sue theater | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

and just for those that think it's OK for someone to have loose carpet for people to trip on. and this is two for the internet lawyers

Invitees - An invitee is a person who is invited onto property for business reasons, and would include customers of a retail store and job applicants. Property owners owe the highest degree of care to invitees to make sure they are safe from dangers on their property. Under this standard, a property owner not only has a duty to repair and correct known dangers, he also has a duty to reasonably inspect for, discover, and correct unknown hazards in those areas of the premises to which an invitee might have access.

Property Owners' Legal Duty to Prevent Injury
    http://realestate.findlaw.com/owning...nt-injury.html

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I don't agree with bringing a lawsuit against the theater. No one is guaranteed protection from all evils everywhere they choose to go. For all I know, the theater company would just argue that the "no guns" sign was their security policy, and that short of having metal detectors and armed security officials doing strip searches of every patron, there wasn't much more they could have done to ensure the safety of those who chose to patronize their establishment.

Boycotts, contacting your representatives, and informing the public of the dangers of going places that prohibit law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves and others are probably the best ways to get this changed. Business owners have rights, too.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

really? how is that when THEY take a sworn oath to uphold the law
    To uphold the law yes. To protect you no. They are under no obligation to do so. Read up on SCOTUS....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To uphold the law yes. To protect you no. They are under no obligation to do so. Read up on SCOTUS....
    It’s just another way for them to protect themselves from a lawsuits; The double edged sword

It’s just another way for them to protect themselves from a lawsuits; The double edged sword
    Not sure they are trying to dodge lawsuits. There is no physical way they can protect us. They protect society as a whole, the individual is on there own. We would need 150,000,000 cops if they were to protect everyone. Thats not going to happen. This is one subject we are going to have to agree to disagree...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Very interesting, and worth follow-ups when available

I have no doubt that there will be victims and their surviving famiy members that will be suing the theatre in the weeks to come,for not having emergency exits alarmed that allowed the shooter to exit and reenter without being noticed until it was too late.There is a Tinsel town theatre in Mission Tx I went to once and I did not see a TX 30.06 sign banning concealed firearms,my buddy and I both were packing
    baren likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links