Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

This is a discussion on Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Front Sight's Answer to Aurora, CO Massacre I have the answer to the insanity of Gun Free Zones and I am putting my money where ...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Ignatious Piazza offers to fund CCW denial Cinemark lawsuit

Front Sight's Answer to Aurora, CO Massacre

I have the answer to the insanity of Gun Free Zones and I am putting my money where my mouth is by paying the legal fees of the first victim to file a very specific lawsuit against the Cinemark Movie Theater chain that denied responsible citizens their right to carry a concealed weapon to defend themselves against the murderous rampage of a deranged killer.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Ought to be interesting to see where this one goes. I'd bet a Starbucks grande extra hot triple non fat decaf two pump vanilla no foam latte with cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles that some lawyer takes this one on.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member
    Godspeed to Mr. Piazza and to the victim(s) with right on their side.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I didn't read the article, but wouldn't he only have to pay if the victim lost the case. If they win then Cinemark will have to anti up and the lawyer fees would be covered. Unless Piazza is going to let the victim keep the entire settlement if they win, and he pays the lawyers pecentage.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Very interested in this, please keep this updated. I will try to keep my eye out for it as well.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Nice intentions, but it would have to be someone who already had a permit and didn't carry and they made a choice to go in honoring the policy - they could have gone elsewhere or ignored the policy. Cinemark had no way to reasonably know this would happen (would and could are 2 different things) and the gunman violated the theaters policy and probably broke the law utilizing the emergency exit.

This is fantastic. Hopefully this will bring about some much needed change. In NC I can't carry anywhere admission is charged ie the movies.

WE need this; this is going to be a landmark case. when Cinemark gets sued for big money and the word gets out that if you deny someone’s right to protect themselves AND don't furnish proper security you can and will be sued the GUN BUSTER sign will come down. We as a whole need this to counter react some of the knee jerk reactions from business owners

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    WE need this; this is going to be a landmark case. when Cinemark gets sued for big money and the word gets out that if you deny someone’s right to protect themselves AND don't furnish proper security you can and will be sued the GUN BUSTER sign will come down. We as a whole need this to counter react some of the knee jerk reactions from business owners
    My thoughts exactly.

www.getcorded.com

What right are they being denied sir? Nobody forced them to go there. It was a choice. If you CHOOSE something then nothing is denied. If a person goes to a party at someones house and the owner has a no gun policy and the guy does not take his gun and he gets shot by a burgular should he be able to sue the homeowner because he was denied having his weapon?
    peckman28 and GeorgiaDawg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What right are they being denied sir? Nobody forced them to go there. It was a choice. If you CHOOSE something then nothing is denied. If a person goes to a party at someones house and the owner has a no gun policy and the guy does not take his gun and he gets shot by a burgular should he be able to sue the homeowner because he was denied having his weapon?
    I have to agree. Property rights are not something we need to be undermining even more than we already have. The way to persuade these businesses is through dialogue, and failing that, by voting with your dollars, maybe boycotts if you want to go so far. Using the power of government to put yet another mandate on how they use the property THEY own, not YOU, is not the answer.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What right are they being denied sir? Nobody forced them to go there. It was a choice. If you CHOOSE something then nothing is denied.
    if someone refuses you the right to protect yourself in their place of business that’s fine but in doing so they have a responsibility to ensure the establishment is safe and secure for public use. the same law that says if I trip on a loose piece of carpet I can sue for damages + pain and suffering is the same law that they are going to file on; the establishment was not properly secured (fire door unlocked) and security was not adequate thus leading to death and injury to patrons
    mcgyver210 likes this.

This is retarded. No one had their rights denied. The property owner had every right to not allow weapons. Have we forgotten that there is more to the constitution than the 2A....Geez

if someone refuses you the right to protect yourself in their place of business that’s fine but in doing so they have a responsibility to ensure the establishment is safe and secure for public use. the same law that says if I trip on a loose piece of carpet I can sue for damages + pain and suffering is the same law that they are going to file on; the establishment was not properly secured (fire door unlocked) and security was not adequate thus leading to death and injury to patrons
    Sure, go after them for not having the door locked or alarmed and security was in adequate (load of crap arguement there) sure....but their right to bear arms was not violated. That is the point. Sue for whatever. But they made a choice to go to a theater with a KNOWN risk that they were not going to be armed.....sorry, no law suit there. Like I said, you want to make up other reasons go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I have to agree. Property rights are not something we need to be undermining even more than we already have. The way to persuade these businesses is through dialogue, and failing that, by voting with your dollars, maybe boycotts if you want to go so far. Using the power of government to put yet another mandate on how they use the property THEY own, not YOU, is not the answer.
    10,000 people go to a movie theater in a night and 3 people refuse to go because they have a gun buster sign up do you really think they are going to care? NO the thing that is going to hurt them is a lawsuit that takes the money 40,000 people paid away from them. Those are numbers they understand

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Links