Dropped Bullet in Car - Page 3

Dropped Bullet in Car

This is a discussion on Dropped Bullet in Car within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; this is a fun read. by the way nothing will happen. go on with your life knowing that you will all ways have one hidden ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Dropped Bullet in Car

this is a fun read. by the way nothing will happen. go on with your life knowing that you will all ways have one hidden round of ammo when the gov't comes and takes our ammo.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Run the seats back and forth a few times, if there is no boom, you're good to go. Just kidding.

A friend of mine had a 25 lb bag of small shot burst open in his trunk. It was an old Buick with a trunk the size of a basketball court. Well, the shot (7.5 if I recall, it was for skeet reloading) is lead, so magnets are out, and it's too dense to vacuum so he rode around in it and listened to shot roll around every time he made a turn. Ended up trading it it as it drove him nuts to listen to it.
    accessbob likes this.

GH
    I thought I had lost a round of .40 cal in my car. I searched everything & couldn't find it. I put it out of my mind until I picked up a shovel on the floor of my garage & there it was! It must have bounced & rolled a good 10 feet.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

It will turn up on the floor some day when you are stopped for speeding. and you can bet the officer will see it.
    heat is not an issue it will not go off no madder how long your cars bakes in the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Run the seats back and forth a few times, if there is no boom, you're good to go. Just kidding.

A friend of mine had a 25 lb bag of small shot burst open in his trunk. It was an old Buick with a trunk the size of a basketball court. Well, the shot (7.5 if I recall, it was for skeet reloading) is lead, so magnets are out, and it's too dense to vacuum so he rode around in it and listened to shot roll around every time he made a turn. Ended up trading it it as it drove him nuts to listen to it.
    In my youth, we actually did something like this to a boss we didn't like. It was all we could do to not to ROFLMAO every time he came in complaining about the rattles in his POS truck.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Don't cross into Mexico or Canada...
    Yup, Murphy will have that bad boy jump into the agents hand.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Whatever you do...DO NOT USE THE RADIO OR AIR CONDITIONER...until you find it.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Have you ever cleaned out a good ol' huntin' truck? Don't sweat it. And welcome to the forum.
    X2 ...... my hunting truck has at least 200 rds of various caliber in it year round. 20 yrs and no problems yet

You could put your eye out with that thing while adjusting your seats.....
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

It'll eventually turn up. Just hope it isn't at the worst time possible.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    In my youth, we actually did something like this to a boss we didn't like. It was all we could do to not to ROFLMAO every time he came in complaining about the rattles in his POS truck.
    A heavy duty zip tie to the driveshaft or axel can be an incredibly simple but cheap and amazing prank. As is wiring the horn to the brakes.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by gilliland87 View Post
    Worst case scenario is you drive your car into another country Mexico or Canada and get stopped for something or an amped up border guard ruins your day in a holding cell on trumped up smuggling charges. ( a couple loose and cruddy .22 shells pretty much under my seat frame rail and carpeting)
    Do you best looking for it you'll find it at some point, if not just don't take that car out of the country.
    Or worse.... Stay out of New Jersey, New York! But then again, there are plenty of other reasons not to go to those places.
    accessbob likes this.
    --
    Your second amendment rights are showing!
    http://www.opencarry.org

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post

Birdshot will indeed vacuum up (done it many times) and your friend never thought to pick it up with duct tape? I think he was lazy and looking to get rid of the vehicle.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    A heavy duty zip tie to the driveshaft or axel can be an incredibly simple but cheap and amazing prank. As is wiring the horn to the brakes.
    Handful of marbles inside the hubcaps. Noise goes away as one speeds up, returns when stopping. Really annoying. My ex Bro-in-law still hates me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Birdshot will indeed vacuum up (done it many times) and your friend never thought to pick it up with duct tape? I think he was lazy and looking to get rid of the vehicle.
    It also sweeps up rather nicely with a wisk broom and a dust pan. That used to be my job as a child when my dad was done reloading.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links