Dropped Bullet in Car

This is a discussion on Dropped Bullet in Car within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey everyone, So today I bought my first gun, it's a Bersa Thunder 22 and looks fairly nice, but I digest. One of the bullets ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Dropped Bullet in Car

Dropped Bullet in Car

Hey everyone,

So today I bought my first gun, it's a Bersa Thunder 22 and looks fairly nice, but I digest.

One of the bullets fell in between my seat and I can't find it. I've done everything except taking the seat off while looking for it.
    So here's my hypothetical question, what's the worst thing that could come of me leaving it there? Like exploding from getting to hot in the car?

Just curious,

Matt

2. Remove Ads

Unless your car is exploding along with it, that cartridge is not going to ignite from just being in the car. Fear not, it will turn up sooner or later...
    ArmyMan likes this.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Waiting to see where this one goes ;-)
    Guest1 and DPro.40 like this.

No way the bullet explodes. Keep digesting, it'll be fine.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Worst case scenario is you drive your car into another country Mexico or Canada and get stopped for something or an amped up border guard ruins your day in a holding cell on trumped up smuggling charges. ( a couple loose and cruddy .22 shells pretty much under my seat frame rail and carpeting)
    Do you best looking for it you'll find it at some point, if not just don't take that car out of the country.

Don't cross into Mexico or Canada...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Have you ever cleaned out a good ol' huntin' truck? Don't sweat it. And welcome to the forum.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Worst case scenario, you suck it up in a shop vac and it strikes something causing it to fire? Im sorry but the thought made me chuckle a little.

Anyways Ive been in burning house of a gun collector. The ammo started popping off before the evac was called. But to echo what others have said a hot car wont be enough. This stuff was on fire before it went. That day is part of why I gave up being a firefighter.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    For some reason my mind is picturing you in a dangerous "movie like" situation and needing just one.... more.... bullet... and wallah! You suddenly find that lost .22 after countless seconds blindly searching for it under the seat, you load it, and save the day.
    Ionracas, Burns, mtw22m and 7 others like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by mtw22m View Post
    Hey everyone,

So today I bought my first gun, it's a Bersa Thunder 22 and looks fairly nice, but I digest.
    you digress. sorry, not trying to be a knob, but this error is one of my pet peeves.

and you will be fine, that thing won't go boom from texas heat. just stay out of mexico.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

I dropped one last week and it flew perfectly down the trunk latch hole in my wife's car like I had aimed. I don't ever expect to see it again.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

I've been riding around all summer in FL with a box of 500 .22lr and a box of 50 .38s in my truck no problem. I forgot they were in there until today.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

yea actually, i have had about 50o rds. of 22/.40 in my trunk too. they stay in my range bag. heat wave in wisco, over 100 some days. no problems.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Assume it is unfired round, not just the projectile. There is a chance that something could punch the primer (powered seats) and fire it off but not heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, Fausty I know it's wrong. I find it humorous. Don't worry I tend to be a grammar Nazi myself. ;)

Being that I am in Texas I never try to go across the boarder, so I don't think that'll be a problem. I'm probably just a little paranoid because it's literally my first day to have a gun. Have't even shot it yet.
    My worst fear was that I would adjust the motor seat backwards to find it caught the bullet and blew a hole in my floor. I moved the seat back and forth many times with no repercussion.

Maybe someday when I'm getting my car cleaned a change thief will get lucky.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links