Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
If they can't hit something with a bottle of mace I'm not sure handing them a gun to use in the dark is the right option either...

In all seriousness that would be a great holiday! Or something along those lines anyway, maybe "Take your family out shooting day", it could be the weekend after the 4th of July. I keep asking the hospital where I work if I can have 'Columbus Day' off, as it's an important holiday to me, but they refuse. Maybe I'll have better luck with this holiday.

I was more or less thinking of what if a can of cheap pepper spray was faced the wrong way. As for the firearm, don't know if this is the right way to put it, but...if they guy gets on top of her then that's the best time to fire. Also, you'd be surprised how adrenaline heightens the senses. Those of you who've been attacked in the dark, whether it's a combat situation or a wankster, you know what I mean about just KNOWING where they are.

I asked for 9/11 off once since I served and lost some very good friends in GWOT and got threatened with unemployment once. I understand your frustration. We did get a cake on veteran's day though. Not sure it made up for the insult, but it was nice to eat ice cream cake.

I don't get the liberal standpoint on firearms since their right to complain about it has been paid for with the lives of millions of Americans. I think it's just an arguing for the sake of arguing thing. I don't think anyone is really THAT stupid to blame an inanimate object...