If you could only keep one handgun..

This is a discussion on If you could only keep one handgun.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's a tough one but I think I'd keep my Super Redhawk .44 mag. I can change my mind in a heartbeat though depending on ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: If you could only keep one handgun..

That's a tough one but I think I'd keep my Super Redhawk .44 mag. I can change my mind in a heartbeat though depending on my mood. But for now...
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    FWIW, I think saying "I'd keep x handgun, with barrels in a, b, c, and d calibers with cylinders for e and f" is kinda cheating. If that's the case, I'm taking a TC contender with every possible combination of caliber and barrel length. :)

Or better yet a Sig P250 in every conceivable configuration. There, top that! It's hundreds of guns in one! :)
    oneshot and atctimmy like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    FWIW, I think saying "I'd keep x handgun, with barrels in a, b, c, and d calibers with cylinders for e and f" is kinda cheating. If that's the case, I'm taking a TC contender with every possible combination of caliber and barrel length. :)
    The Convertible is only one gun, one barrel with an extra cylinder, and it comes with that cylinder.

Plus, if your not cheating, you are not trying:)
    Ionracas and oneshot like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Well, the P250 is only one "gun," by ATF standards....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Well, the P250 is only one "gun," by ATF standards....
    Oh. Is that the one that comes with all the interchangeable caliber options? Not familiar with it myself, as such things have never appealed to me.
    But I'll see your M10, and raise ya a M19.:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

It may be cheating but it is an option.

Fortunately I can keep as many as I want. Just store them at a relatives. Just limit the number at my residence.

VIP Member
    I was actually thinking M19 when I wrote that - maybe the G19 caused a brain fart with so many 19s running in my very-limited-capacity brain. :)

And yes, the P250 is basically a fire-control housing group that can accept sub-compact, compact, and full sized frames (each with three different grip size options), three barrel lengths, and in four calibers. The fire-control portion of the frame is the "gun," and it can be dropped into any combination of the other parts. Kind of an ingenious engineering feat, but it hasn't worked out all the bugs, and the "conversion kits" are nearly as expensive as a new gun, so they aren't yet all that popular. Still, if I could have every combo and call it one "gun," that would be hard to argue with as a "one gun" option.

Well I lost all mine in a tragic boating accident so I guess I will have to pick one out.....
    Ionracas, mprp and atctimmy like this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

If it boiled down to only one. My Colt 1911 would have to be it.
    I love my revolvers, but that 1911 covers any handgun need I'll ever really have. The rest of them in my collection are mostly icing on the cake.

Regards,
    Gearchecker
    pir8fan and GeorgiaDawg like this.

Boring, generic, and common though it may be...the Glock 19 is probably the most suitable combat handgun I have. I'd be infuriated and saddened to give up my precious Colt Trooper, SIG P229, 1911s, S&W 686, and even my delightful, and weird, Nagant 1895 revolver. However, the whole point of a handgun is to be useful for self-defense, and nothing beats the Glock 19 in this house, in my hands.

Glock 19!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

I would pick my Glock 19.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I'm with Gearchecker it only be a 1911
    pir8fan likes this.

1911. It's been around 100 years and will be around 100 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Something like 60% of the people are going to say glock 19.
    I wonder why that is?

No shame in being a "sixty percenter"...

G19 all the way, and darn proud of it!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links