If you could only keep one handgun.. - Page 7

If you could only keep one handgun..

This is a discussion on If you could only keep one handgun.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My favorite combat gun is my USP45. However, my Ruger GP100 in .357mag is much more versatile. Being able to shoot soft .38s all the ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: If you could only keep one handgun..

My favorite combat gun is my USP45. However, my Ruger GP100 in .357mag is much more versatile. Being able to shoot soft .38s all the way up to high-power .357s makes it the keeper. Not to mention the reliability and lack of moving parts.

Senior Moderator
    It would be my Ruger Speed Six in .357
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

One handgun?...no problem, it would be my 6" bright stainless Colt Python...
    itschuck likes this.

One of these two:

Beretta 92FS very rare edition (only 100 made), high polished stainless steel, gold etching on the slide and barrel and factory installed match-grade trigger. I added the Beretta Walnut Grips.
    IMG_1483.JPG

Beretta Px4 Storm (full size)
    IMG_1488.JPG

Both are in 9mm and for home defense and SHTF, 9mm is a very common round and will do the job nicely.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

RKM
    G30SF. It will do everything I want it to do. It's compact for concealed carry. It holds 10 round of .45ACP which is remarkable for it's size. It will take 13 round G21 mags for even more capacity. It shoots straight. It shoots very softly. Has much less recoil feel than my 5" 1911. It fits my hand exceptionally well. It's extraordinarily simple (as are all Glocks). And.... it's my first gun ever. I'm attached to it... literally. It's in my Galco King tuk at 4:00 as I type this.

I will also carry a G19 quite often. Usually more often than my G30SF. My G19 is a very, very close second. My G30SF wins because of my emotional attachment to it, which is why I carry it less frequently. I do as a whole prefer the .45ACP over 9mm, so that gives the edge to my G30SF as well. However, I shoot 9mm very well (only marginally better than .45ACP, hardly a difference), and the edge in capacity is a huge plus. Still doesn't bump my G30SF from being my #1.

Really.... give me any Glock, and I'd be happy. Or any HK or M&P. I sold my HK recently to fund an M&P. I need to get back into an HK someday.

It would be a tough call between the CZ75 SP-01 and Glock 19....but I'd keep my CZ.

Have to say I would keep my 38 special short barrel if I could only keep one. Ammo is easy to find and 1,000's of rounds have gone through this bad boy with no problems at all.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Colt Series 70 1911. Hands down.

My Smith and Wesson k frame stainless steel model 65 357 mag. in round butt with a 3 inch barrel.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

My 1911 officers model. I can carry it, and its in the nightstand as my home defense gun.

Full size HK USP 45. Unless I could choose something I'd like someday, which would be a Guncrafters 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I have been trying to think of what handgun I would keep if I could only keep one.
    My criteria has not included CCW. Mainly Home Defense, hiking, SHTF, and anything other crazy scenario I can think up. Something that would be a go to weapon for a long time. Also, it has not been limited to those I presently own.
    So what would be the one gun you would keep around if you could only keep one?
    "Keep" suggests that I already have it. Do you mean, pick from the handguns we already have?

If so; I would want to keep my Smith & Wesson 686 8 3/8" barrel. It is presently my deer rifle.

[edit]
    357mag.png
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Win94ae; September 2nd, 2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: added a picture

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links