What's On Your Wish List? - Page 8

What's On Your Wish List?

This is a discussion on What's On Your Wish List? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by kerberos Just curious to see what members here are looking for next... Keep it to the top 3 or 4 And of ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What's On Your Wish List?

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Just curious to see what members here are looking for next...

Keep it to the top 3 or 4

And of course some of us are farther along than others, so this should be interesting!

Here's mine:

1. Ruger mini 30 (or AK/SKS, can't seem to decide)

2. Short barrel and Knoxx recoil reducing stock for my 870

3. Something in .50 BMG
    1. I'm not very familiar with the mini 30 (or mini 14). Are they reasonable substitutes for an AR? That's next on my list, but I'm always open to new "nexts."
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

It will probably never happen but have had my heart set on a CPA Stevens 44 1/2 for a long time.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    1. Finish my AR project by acquiring URG - you can keep track of that here; My 1st AR Build - DefConGun1R
    2. Glock Gen3 G19 w/Trijicons
    3. Glock Gen3 G20 w/Trijicons
    4. Slot reserved for SBR. Maybe a Daniel Defense MK18? or maybe a Colt LE6920 lower paired with an MK18?

Maybe someday in the future I'd shoot for a short barreled shotgun (no pun intended).

I do want want to experiment with AR configurations though. Right now if I were to buy a gun in a box, I'd get the Daniel Defense V5 LW. I have to admit though, I also fantasize about a/n LMT; CQB MRP & or their .308 model.

I also like to think I'll get a 1911 someday before I leave this earth. I haven't researched it enough to know what I would get exactly. I'm thinking if I get something that's less than $1,500, I would probably get a Colt Government model and if I ever got a high-end gun - I'll look at the Wilson Combats really hard.

I know you wanted to limit it to 4 but I couldn't help but to also include the addendum. ;-)

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    1. 2nd Glock 19 but in coyote tan
    2. Ar-15 w/9mm upper
    3. Ruger 10/22
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

It's official. I can no longer post to these types of threads..... The reason is, below is the list that I previously posted and since then have made several purchases none of which appear on the list....

Original list: Springfield EMP, Kimber Solo, Sig 290, Ruger SP101, S&W 325 Nightguard, S&W 340PD......

Over the last month I have picked up the following....

Another Glock 26 EXO, Sig P238 Extreme model, S&W Bodyguard .380, Sig 239 SAS, S&W R15 Sport AR and finally a Marlin XL 7mm 08...

It's obvious that I can't stick to a plan, so I've decided the best course of action is to not have one at all and just wing it..

One thing I discovered along the way; the ammo for the 7mm 08 is almost double that of the 270 and a couple others.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    1. I'm not very familiar with the mini 30 (or mini 14). Are they reasonable substitutes for an AR? That's next on my list, but I'm always open to new "nexts."
    Reliability of a Mini 14, just chambered in 7.62.

I want a 7.62, just thought it's interesting that there is one on a proven platform that is American made (Ruger).

edit: The idea of a Mini 30 came to me through a thread here... I believe it was on SHTF weapons, but I couldn't find it to provide link. Maybe someone else's search function works better than mine. I'm sure it's not operator error!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Seen lots of 10/22's on these lists...

I've been considering one myself since seeing the review of the new takedown model.

I'd like to get one of those and just keep it in the back of the truck with a brick or two.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

1911 9mm for my wife...... 460 Rowland... Stag model 3 Ar15.. Either a Ruger LC9 or S&W Shield.. Nighthawk Custom T3 SS .45acp
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

S&W 19 in 2 1/2" bbl
    S&W 66 in 2 1/2" bbl
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Ammo for today's glock 23 purchase, night sights for said glock 23, forfend for mossberg shotgun.

Distinguished Member
    1. M&P Shield 9mm (for me since I just got my wife one)
    2. AK47
    3. Long list of other pistols and revolvers (too numerous to mention here)
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Well, I did manage to knock off 1 gun from my wish list today, picked up the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44 Mag. So I guess I only have 2 more as of now: Stage Arms Model 5 in 6.8spc, FNH PS90.
    I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!
    - Rambo, John J.

I picked up a AK about 2 years ago, I love it, you just can't kill that thing. Really not expensive at all, I was out the door at $515.00.
    I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!
    - Rambo, John J.

1) Rifle (AR/AK/mini 14) & 10/22
    2) Pump 12 gauge
    3)1911 45

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    -Picattiny rails for my RRA AR-15 and a mounted Surefire Light or equivalent
    -Surefire forearm light for my Mossberg 590
    -Have my tritium sights installed on my H&K USP .40 S&W
    -Tritium sights for my S&W Model 457 .45 ACP
    -Have both my handguns professionally blued
    -Professional instruction on handgun/shotgun/AR-15 combat shooting and tactical movements

This is not for anytime soon but gradually in the future.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links