Tannerite + .22LR + peanut butter / endless chipmunk population

This is a discussion on Tannerite + .22LR + peanut butter / endless chipmunk population within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not saying I've done it, just saying I've got the materials and a severe hatred for these little critters as they burrow under my retaining ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By HotGuns
  • 4 Post By pscipio03
  • 2 Post By Madcap_Magician

Thread: Tannerite + .22LR + peanut butter / endless chipmunk population

Tannerite + .22LR + peanut butter / endless chipmunk population

Not saying I've done it, just saying I've got the materials and a severe hatred for these little critters as they burrow under my retaining wall. Let's be honest, they're just rats with good PR.
    Tempting, tempting, tempting...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I dont beleive that the .22 will set off Tannerite. The instructions say that it must be a higher powered round.
    BaconHunter likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Dang you hotguns-- why rain on my parade?!?
    Yeah, I know you need a pretty hot round. A 5.56 will get it going though.
    But, a guy can dream, can't he?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    They make a target for rimfire ammo. I used to think the little rats were cute until I saw them sitting under my tomato plants eating ripe tomatoes. To quote the immortal Bugs Bunny "Of course you know this means war!"
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Just picked up some .22 shorts today and sent them through my old 1890 Winchester pump .22LR. Yeah it's original, and yeah it can drive tacks even with a short. It's not even as loud as my .177 Gamo air rifle. Think it'll me my gun of choice now to end Alvin and his brothers.
    gasmitty, CaptSmith, sgb and 1 others like this.

Senior Moderator
    No rain...I just didnt want you to shoot and miss an oportunity.

Any other caliber will work.
    If ya get bored, watch some You Tube videos of coyotes coming to bait getting dispatched with Tannerite. It does the job rather well...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Just picked up some .22 shorts today and sent them through my old 1890 Winchester pump .22LR. Yeah it's original, and yeah it can drive tacks even with a short. It's not even as loud as my .177 Gamo air rifle. Think it'll me my gun of choice now to end Alvin and his brothers.
    That was the same "medicine" applied to get rid of bunnies eating my mom's prized iris when I was a kid. The 1890 was chambered for .22 Long, but I could single-feed Short HPs and have a quiet and effective pest-control solution.

In more recent times, an air rifle was a more appropriate solution for me in suburbia. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw3AY28S8gU
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That was the same "medicine" applied to get rid of bunnies eating my mom's prized iris when I was a kid. The 1890 was chambered for .22 Long, but I could single-feed Short HPs and have a quiet and effective pest-control solution.

In more recent times, an air rifle was a more appropriate solution for me in suburbia. Check this out: Chipmunk Pest Control [Hunting] (June 25, 2011) - YouTube
    55 Chip and Dales in 3.5 hours! Guess my 15 in 3 days isn't as bad as I thought.
    Slowmo spine show was brutal.

Yep, a .22 will set off the small charges. They are about the size of a half dollar and maybe 3/4 inches thick. Any of the large ones require a higher velocity round.

Never used them for varmit control, but the 1 lb ones make nice match sticks out of old chest of drawers.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Seems like shooting at Tannerite by your retaining walls to kill squirrels that are destroying your retaining wall may be burning down the house to kill the cockroaches, but I certainly sympathize...
    BaconHunter and Ionracas like this.
    Hakkaa päälle!

i loaf of bread and a bird flock is more fun to bait with :)

Will 17 HMR set off Tannerite?
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thanks for this post, its made my evening better. Id like to do this with the birds eating my cats food. Could tannerote remove a tree limb? Cuz I have some pruining to do as well lol

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    They make a target for rimfire ammo. I used to think the little rats were cute until I saw them sitting under my tomato plants eating ripe tomatoes. To quote the immortal Bugs Bunny "Of course you know this means war!"
    lol Not to nitpick or be critical or anything but I believe that was Daffy Duck

Just sayin lol
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Links