Traveling and visiting Utah

This is a discussion on Traveling and visiting Utah within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am traveling from Texas to Utah with a stay over in New Mexico and will be traveling through TX, NM, CO and setting in ...

Thread: Traveling and visiting Utah

Traveling and visiting Utah

I am traveling from Texas to Utah with a stay over in New Mexico and will be traveling through TX, NM, CO and setting in UT for ten months. I want to travel with a hand gun and use it for home defense while in UT. I know I can travel in TX with the weapon, however, I don't know about NM, CO and UT. I am waiting on Texas DPS to issue my CHL, but I won't have it before I travel. Can anybody shed some light on transporting the firearm through NM, CO and into UT?
    SafetyManCSP
    SA TRP AK

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by safetymancsp View Post
    I am traveling from Texas to Utah with a stay over in New Mexico and will be traveling through TX, NM, CO and setting in UT for ten months. I want to travel with a hand gun and use it for home defense while in UT. I know I can travel in TX with the weapon, however, I don't know about NM, CO and UT. I am waiting on Texas DPS to issue my CHL, but I won't have it before I travel. Can anybody shed some light on transporting the firearm through NM, CO and into UT?
    This should help http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Possession of a loaded handgun in a vehicle, with or without a License/Permit, is legal in Colorado. It would however, not be advisable in the City or County of Denver.

Loaded longun in a vehicle is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by safetymancsp View Post
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Handgunlaw.us

Untitled.png

Links