Cetme rifle.....quick opinions needed

This is a discussion on Cetme rifle.....quick opinions needed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Cetme rifle.........308/7.62x51. Semi auto rife...not in ideal shape, but workable. Missing rear sight, and torched buttstock. Under $500. Would you buy? Seriously.......I've got about five ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod

Thread: Cetme rifle.....quick opinions needed

Cetme rifle.........308/7.62x51. Semi auto rife...not in ideal shape, but workable. Missing rear sight, and torched buttstock. Under $500. Would you buy?

Seriously.......I've got about five hours to make up my mind. Who would buy it for $600? LOL.

Senior Moderator
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I take that as a green light. Hey....I'm good with it actually....so long as the rifle will fire. As of now, I'm high bidder on local sale. I don't think I can pass this up. My 10/22 build will have to take a back seat.

Senior Moderator
    If it is Under $500 then you can get a parts kit cheap enough to fix it up. The closer it gets to $600 the further I would back away from it.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Your opinion is valued. I'm hanging at $440 as of now. 7pm and I'll know where I stand for sure. It may even be delivered for that price!

VIP Member
    Good luck. Both my son and I have had an itch for a .308 of some flavor. We have a stand-off going where we're waiting for the other to get it first to see if we like it...

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Good luck. Both my son and I have had an itch for a .308 of some flavor. We have a stand-off going where we're waiting for the other to get it first to see if we like it...
    If I get it, you're welcome to make your way here and shoot it. 20 rounds on me.
    WHEC724 likes this.

I had one several years ago when they were selling for around $350,It shot okay and mags are cheap but I upgraded to an AR10
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I own a cetme as well... Paid $400. for it about 6 years ago. I shoot it all the time... Shoots well with Iron sights, will digest anything I put through it, One day I plan to clean it... maybe next month. It is ONE TOUGH RIFLE!. Magazines are pretty cheap, and plentiful.

However is it's welded, and has a broken sight... I'd probably pass for one thats complete. It probably wont cost much more.

I have one too, like many above. It shoots great and is pretty solid. My only caveat is that the scope mount is pretty ugly, if you go that way. I'm not a fan of the clamp-on picatinney style, but beyond that, it's a real serviceable rifle. Have fun!
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Cetme with a missing rear sight & a cooked butt stock for $600? IMHO, in .308 it's much more rewarding to go ahead and build an FN/FAL. I've owned both and much prefer shooting my FAL.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I would wait and save another $500 and get a ptr91 package from one source tactical. Awesome deal IMHO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Apparently I was not the high bidder. Probably for the best. Thanks for all the input just the same.

Sponsored Links