New toy to occupy more range time (pics inside)

This is a discussion on New toy to occupy more range time (pics inside) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bought it because this Ruger MkIII 22/45 costs nothing to shoot compared to my .40. Just put the Williams Fire Sights on today and decided ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New toy to occupy more range time (pics inside)

Bought it because this Ruger MkIII 22/45 costs nothing to shoot compared to my .40. Just put the Williams Fire Sights on today and decided to take some snap shots of this awesome .22. Haven't gotten to the range with the new sights yet but there's no doubt after some adjustments these sights will make it easier to sight in on target. The originals were useless as far as knowing exactly where POA and POI is @ 25ft. Although this 22 is a very accurate shot (1).(2) Being .22LR = pennies per shot which also = blast to shoot. (3) Gives the .40 a chance to breathe while allowing me to shoot for hours without spending an arm and a leg on ammo.
    Anyone else on here have one? If so, what are your opinions of the Ruger and are they range whores like mine?

darbo likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Congrats! fun gun to shoot

The 22/45 is a heck of a lot of fun to shoot. It's hard to beat 500 rounds of bulk .22 for about $20. Sometimes I shoot mine configured as yours is, but sometimes I swap out the upper:

I love 22s for cheap fun. I've got a browning buckmark, a single action revolver, and a DA/SA 9 shot snubbie revolver for handguns and a pump 22 rifle that is more fun than should be allowed. You can shoot all day and have more fun than a kid on Christmas morning for less than you'd spend on a drink at a movie. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new gun. The Rugers are great!!! A buddy of mine has a red dot scope on his Ruger and he can drill squirrel targets in the eye over and over again out to 50 yards. I've got to get a scope on my Buckmark!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Administrator
    Buy lots of extra magazines. That makes shooting .22 even more fun.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Can't beat any good .22 for cheap shooting fun. Pretty looking gun, too.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I have a mark III myself. I take it with me every time I go to the range. Alot of fun for a few bucks. Best shooting gun I own. It would make a good zombie gun it is easy to make head shots with.The only problem comes when it is time to clean it. No problem taking it apart,impossible to put back togehter.

I've got a Mark III 22/45 like yours. And like yours mine gets fired ALOT while at the range. It shoots so nice and it's cheap. It will go with me on all my hunts as well this fall.

I'll be getting another and splurging on a suppressor (and permit obviously) in the next year.

I LOVE this little gun!

Welcome to The .22 Club! I've noticed a lot of my ol' shooting buddies who previously thought they had "outgrown" rimfires have recently changed their minds for exactly the same economic reason. It make perfect sense. Trigger time is trigger time if it goes "pop" or "ka-powa". Range fun shouldn't be measured by the soreness of your wrist or the dent in your wallet. You made a fine choice. Now go buy a CZ or Volquartsen rifle and practice, practice...practice.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Congrats. A fun range gun. Because of aging eyes, I put a red dot on mine then remembered how accurate it really was.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'm on my second one, and only sold the first because I just really didn't need two of them. I love this gun.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Congrats man. Rented one before and these are for sure a super fun gun. When I have a few extra dollars I want to get one as well.

I really, really need to get a .22 pistol. I'd have to say selling off my .22 revolvers a few years ago was among the biggest mistakes I've ever made.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I really, really need to get a .22 pistol. I'd have to say selling off my .22 revolvers a few years ago was among the biggest mistakes I've ever made.
    I only WISH my biggest mistakes were that easy to fix! Go shake-out some loose change and get back in the rimfire game. Can't go wrong with a Ruger Mk.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If it's anything like the Mark I, it's gotta be fun!! My father-in-law has a Ruger Mark I, and I enjoy it! Congrats :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links