Ammo for Bugout Bag ???????>>>>>>>

Ammo for Bugout Bag ???????>>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Ammo for Bugout Bag ???????>>>>>>> within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just getting a feel of what ammo everyone is using or has in their BUGOUT bag and how many rounds they are bringing ??? I ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By RKflorida
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By sgb
  • 1 Post By phreddy
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Ammo for Bugout Bag ???????>>>>>>>

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar

Cool Ammo for Bugout Bag ???????>>>>>>>

Just getting a feel of what ammo everyone is using or has in their BUGOUT bag and how many rounds they are bringing ??? I was a local Wally World and saw that they had some 9mm Federal Hi Shok rounds for about $16 for a box of 50. I was thinking of picking a few boxes for my BUGOUT bag. I also have some FMJ that I can use. So what does everyone have or use and how many rounds ??? Thanks for sharing. God Bless

Senior Moderator
    Does the place you're bugging out to have ammo? And if you don't have someplace to go, then you need to furthur develop your plan
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

A place to go??? Hey, it only says I have to "Bug-OUT". Now you tell me I have to have someplace to go into? Man, this is getting hard.

I wonder how many bugout folks will pass each other when the "balloon goes up"? You know, I bugout to Tenn. and the guy in Knoxville bugsout to Orlando and we pass somewhere in S. Carolina. Here's an idea, lets do timeshare bugout places! I'll swap 3 weeks at my place for 3 weeks at your place and we just have to leave everything in place. Just get in the car and go.

Distinguished Member
    Speer Gold Dots (in magazines) for the "holsterable" EDC firearms.
    30rd mags with cycles of one Federal XM856 followed by two Federal XM855's, rinse and repeat, for the other BOG's

and we have several potential destinations, depending on the situation :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    A place to go??? Hey, it only says I have to "Bug-OUT". Now you tell me I have to have someplace to go into? Man, this is getting hard.

I wonder how many bugout folks will pass each other when the "balloon goes up"? You know, I bugout to Tenn. and the guy in Knoxville bugsout to Orlando and we pass somewhere in S. Carolina. Here's an idea, lets do timeshare bugout places! I'll swap 3 weeks at my place for 3 weeks at your place and we just have to leave everything in place. Just get in the car and go.
    hahahaha...that is so logically correct it's funny!

For a BoB I'd be mostly concerned that I had ammo that went 'bang', and enough of it. In whatever situation causes one to "bug out", having both a gun and the willingness to deploy it if necessary are far more important than whether you've got Gold Dots or HydraShoks.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member
    BOB's consist of more than one level of packaging, expanding contents and purpose along the way.

For instance, my first level is a Maxpedition FatBoy sling pack that goes pretty much everywhere with me. It's primary purpose is to get me to either my truck or my home and its contents reflect that purpose with an assortment of very basic supplies and a small supply of ammo (couple of loaded mags for my EDC pistol). Let's call this a 12-24 hour kit.

When I get to the truck I've got a larger firearm, a large SwissGear backpack (no "tactical" appearance) that is pretty much a 72 hour kit, with clothing, meds/first-aid, food/water, navigational tools, comms, additional ammo in mags, etc. An easy grab-n-go in the event the vehicle in inoperable. The truck also has a dedicated BOBox with significantly greater capacity for all of the above and more.

When I get home, or to the motorhome (BOCamper) in the driveway, bring the above up a few levels.

gasmitty is absolutley correct... it's not so much what flavor of ammunition you choose to stock, as long as it's reliable and in sufficient quantity you're covered in that regard and that's the easy part. Having a prepared BOB is just one component of a much larger plan.
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

sgb
    Don't have a BOB, instead I have a BOBTTH Plan ........ and a few thousand rounds and more guns when I get there.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Basically I was just thinking of creating a small 24 hour BUGOUT / get me home bag that had one handgun, some spare mags, maybe 200 rounds of ammo, flashlight, some powerbars, 2 liters of water, etc. I was thinking small backpack that had enough room for me Keltec Sub-2000 foldup carbine. Its always fun thinking of what to put in a BUGOUT, etc. bad God Bless

1 box (50 rounds) of 9mm ball ammo
    1-5 boxes of .22 (depending on the BOB)

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

Y'all could just meet at my place, but let me know in advance so I can make sure I have enough tp on hand.
    RKflorida likes this.

Administrator
    There are a lot of reasons why an individual or family may need to bug out in a hurry that don't have anything to do with an end of the world scenario.

Forest fire, Chemical disaster evacuation, overturned railroad cars or trucks spilling out various hazardous materials, flood, natural gas explosion, hurricane, etc.

OD* likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    There are a lot of reasons why an individual or family may need to bug out in a hurry that don't have anything to do with an end of the world scenario.

Forest fire, Chemical disaster evacuation, overturned railroad cars or trucks spilling out various hazardous materials, flood, natural gas explosion, hurricane, etc.
    This is why I mentioned a destination, where are you going? Me I'm running to my parents farm if I have to run and I'm only carrying about 100 rds with me. If it is a more permanent type of displacement I am bringing as much stuff as I can carry

If you are just running without a destination then you are a refugee
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Sponsored Links