Anti gun people saying

Anti gun people saying

This is a discussion on Anti gun people saying within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been reading about the anti gun people saying that citizens should not be carrying weapons because we do not have the training that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anti gun people saying

Anti gun people saying

I have been reading about the anti gun people saying that citizens should not be carrying weapons because we do not have the training that are police officers have, yes theres some people who should not be carrying weapons, I think we all know that, but what about the rest of us, Yes (some) of the police are highly trained not all, Who could disagree that more training is better who could disagree that the more practice is better, yes the police do training when they first become an officer, and sometimes they get training during the year ((sometimes)) and what I have found is that most of them do not practice very often at all, in fact some of them do not practice other than doing their qualifications every year, yes we have all seen the videos of police handling their weapons, the FBI agent in school classroom shooting himself in the foot, and that woman police officer accidentally shooting her weapon while her fellow officer was handcuffing somebody on the ground and she almost could have shot either one of them, and what about New York where they had to change the trigger pull on their Glock pistols because they kept shooting themselves in their own feet as they were holstering their weapons. I think you would find most of us shoot a lot more than most police, yes we're mostly not getting training (but) a lot of us could probably out shoot quite a few police officers target shooting, and where is this highly trained police officer when you need him, just ask all the people who have been robbed and murdered and raped and attacked by a mass murderer. Yes I am sure there are exceptions where you might find some police officers do a lot of shooting, I have had the pleasure of knowing quite a few of them over the years, and you would be surprised how many just take their service weapon as a tool that only gets used when they are working, if they are not involved in a training class or qualifications some of them do not practice at all or if they do it might be once or twice a year, yes I have met a couple who actually think their weapons is fun to shoot and they shoot a lot

Paragraphs.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Many of us have had training, some in the service to our country, some as LEO's, but all who have ccp,s have had short training lessons and had a licensed instructor watch us shoot. We also shoot often because we love to shoot period. Shooting yourself is unfortunate but inexcusable. I learned in the boy scouts, yes boy scouts, safety first, every gun is loaded, handle them as such.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready" TR

I learned about gun safety from my Father long before we got to the use of guns in Boy Scouts. I also went through the Wisconsin Hunter Ed program prior to getting to rifle shooting as a member of BSA.

Wisconsin's Hunter Education program was one of the models for the Eddie Eagle program because it has been so well done for decades now.

Safety first. It's the first thing taught, and the last thing taught while being stressed throughout.

They teach the enrolled folks to think about the situation, and what can be done to maximize safety. They covered different scenarios on a range of commonly found obstacles in Wisconsin, and how to safely traverse them with loaded guns. Simple tricks to avoid violating the four rules of safety. One might say the instructors were emphasizing the use of common sense. They would be correct.

I had safety first mantra drilled into me by my Father, the instructors in my Hunters Ed class, and again in BSA. My family has always stressed gun safety, and we have had no firearms related accidents in four generations.
    sid1 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm confused!!
    Spirit51 and bigdog44 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have a friend who is a Harris County Sheriff here is Houston. He and I went to the range and he mentioned that at least half of his fellow officers only use their handguns for practice right before they have to do their yearly qualifications and they never get any scenario training unless they specifically request it. I "train" as much as I can, but there are limits to what I can do and I have to aknowledge that with the "what if" game I play both here and during the day. I am not or have been a LEO or in the military, so I have a responsibility to know my limitations.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'm confused!!
    Thanks, arch! I was worried that I was the only person who had no idea what this thread was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Paragraphs.
    +++Yes, my head hurts....

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Sounds like he's saying that the anti-gunners argue that civilians don't need firearms for self defense because the LEOs are trained to take care of and protect us. It's clear that not all LEOs are trained properly or continue their training well enough to replace civilian-carry, even if you accept the ludicrous presupposition that LEOs are there to protect us and can protect us.

I agree with his premise, though I'm pretty sure that's the longest run-on sentence ever
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...my eyes hurt!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Paragraphs.
    And periods.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I'll trust my marksmanship over the majority of LEO.

And please use paragraphs and proper punctuation OP
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have been reading about the anti gun people saying that citizens should not be carrying weaponsI have been reading about the anti gun people saying that citizens should not be carrying weapons...
    The anti gun people are always saying that they don't want anyone carrying guns. Even owning them. Tell them to pound sand as I don't believe that it's a good idea for you to try and explain stuff to them.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

We don't have race car driver training yet they give us licenses to drive vehicles which killed more people than guns.
    BugDude and Pistoldoc like this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Paragraphs.
    Periods. ooops there's 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links