Gen4 Glock 19 Reliability

This is a discussion on Gen4 Glock 19 Reliability within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I took a three-day pistol course this past weekend at Defensive Tactical Institute near West Union, Ohio. A great experience, but more about that later. ...

Thread: Gen4 Glock 19 Reliability

VIP Member

Gen4 Glock 19 Reliability

I took a three-day pistol course this past weekend at Defensive Tactical Institute near West Union, Ohio. A great experience, but more about that later. I decided to run the entire weekend with my ever-so-slightly tweeked Gen4 Glock19. It has a cleaned up trigger pull, Ghost connector, and Trijicons front and rear. It has been equipped with the Glock-provided replacement RSA. I no longer run it with a Crimson Trace because left-handed carry doesn't work well with it. The gun had about six thousand trouble-free rounds through it prior to the class.

During each day of the class, I fired between 400 and 600 rounds. I fired as few as one round per exercise segment to as many as sixty. Each night, I did a field-strip cleaning on it. I fired from a variety of stances, angles and distances. I experienced exactly zero malfunctions over the entire weekend. I enjoyed a perfectly flawless performance from a gun I had already come to have complete, unqualified confidence in.

As an aside, never reholster into an IWB after you have run three quick mags through your hi-cap gun. It gets warm.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I also have a Gen 4 Glock 19. I bought it about three months ago and I really like it, I have added a 3.5 lb connector and a competition spring kit. I only have about 200 rounds through it, but I really like how smooth it shoots.

Defense Tactical Institute near West Union, Ohio? Did you meet Dave Bowie, did ya', huh did ya'?!? D.B. is so cool that Gaston Glock has a Bowie Tactical tattoo. BTY, glad to hear that a G19 is (yawn) reliable. What a complete surprise.

I hope you realize I'm just funnin' ya'. I've got a Gen3 G19 tuned about like yours & it would be the last handgun I would ever let go! GLOCKS ROCK!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I disliked Glocks for years. Then I started shooting my buddy's G17 on range trips. Now I just got a Gen 4 G19 to complement the Gen 3 G17 I bought a year ago. They may not be much to look at, but they are one heck of a handgun.

Links