Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items - Page 2

Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items

This is a discussion on Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think its hearsay. I'll beleive it when I see it. Certain people have been saying that ever since they came out. "get it now..before ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items

Senior Moderator
    I think its hearsay.

I'll beleive it when I see it.

Certain people have been saying that ever since they came out. "get it now..before they are regulated".
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Saw one in action on that TV show "Americans Guns". Looked like a lot of fun and the guy and his girls shot up everything with no problems.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Never been the slightest bit interested in them anyways...
    You don't have to be interested in shooting them. Its the freedom to own them that you should be interested in. I have no interest in shotguns but will do whatever I can and call everyone of my elected officials proclaiming that support if they are threatened.

Michael

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    In before the lock!

Seriously... I kind of want to get one now, while I can.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    You don't have to be interested in shooting them. Its the freedom to own them that you should be interested in. I have no interest in shotguns but will do whatever I can and call everyone of my elected officials proclaiming that support if they are threatened.

Michael
    I never said I supported the possible ban. I simply said I've never been interested in them. and would never consider paying $400 for a plastic stock.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    bump fire is a waste of ammo

Like watching a guy do a smokey burnout.... fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I never said I supported the possible ban. I simply said I've never been interested in them. and would never consider paying $400 for a plastic stock.
    Nothing person meant. Just using you post to make the point that we all need to actively support all freedoms. Even the ones we choose not to exercise ourselves. And I do mean actively. I have plenty of friends who do not feel a need to protect my freedoms. They would not vote to take them away but neither would they try to stop someone who was trying to take them from me.

Michael
    Burns likes this.

I don't really have any interest in buying them, but I still find the idea to be an outrage. We shouldn't have an ATF, or Class III designation in the first place. If you want to buy a REAL machine gun, you should be able to just do it. You shouldn't have to worry about the barrel length, how many foreign parts it has, the year the receiver was built, or whether paying an additional tax stamp and new waiting period for a suppressor is worth it. In the absence of the idiotic laws we have now there would be no need or market for such a stock at all. However, if someone wants to invent and market one they should be free to do so.
    HotGuns, Ionracas and Katana like this.

RKM
    I don't feel I can express my opinion without using vulgar language, so this is all I'm going to post.

yep. They just keep identifying themselves for November. Warm up your voting arm folks!!
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I think bump firing is silly. Our right to keep and bear machine guns is being infringed and that's really the bigger point. Newly manufactured machine guns should be available to law enforcement and regular people alike, without any more hassle than a shotgun or revolver.

How many times are we going to elect people to uphold the Constitution, when they continue to do no such thing?

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I think bump firing is silly. Our right to keep and bear machine guns is being infringed and that's really the bigger point. Newly manufactured machine guns should be available to law enforcement and regular people alike, without any more hassle than a shotgun or revolver.

How many times are we going to elect people to uphold the Constitution, when they continue to do no such thing?
    Sadly, I have a feeling that it could be all the way up until the time that they are not elected but are appointed.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

To me, that's at least part of the problem. We, as avid shooters, think bumpfire is somewhere between silly & entertaining. The (our?) government, with clearly anti-gun decision-makers, contrastingly believe bumpfire is not only serious but downright, regulation-required DANGEROUS! What is the reason & solution for this obvious, ever-increasing disconnect between us and...them? It hasn't always been this way. Why am I, every time I look up from my daily life, at odds with the very people I've voted-in to represent me? It's like they've forgotten that we're still back home where they originally CAME from.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Moderator
    Rest easy people.

Those slide fire stocks come with a letter that states they were accepted by the ATF as being an "acceptable product" in their eyes.Although it is not inconceivable that the ATF could latter change their mind, they dont do it often.

Rumor and speculation has always fueled the fire when it comes to gadgets that make shooting fun...escpecially something that works as well as this does. Lots of gun shop commandos insist that it's just a matter of time, and some of the shop owners aren't so innocent about adding to the fire just to make a sale.

This stuff has been circulating since they came out abnd nothing has changed yet.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Rest easy people.

Those slide fire stocks come with a letter that states they were accepted by the ATF as being an "acceptable product" in their eyes.Although it is not inconceivable that the ATF could latter change their mind, they don't do it often.
    The "Atkins Accelerator" bumpfire 10/22 stock was deemed no Class 3 stamp, good-to-go by the ATF in 2006. It came with a nice letter as well. Then it was reclassified retroactively requiring a Class 3 stamp.

It was re-engineered and re-released at the 2012 SHOT Show (Kidd Industries) and again has been given the no-stamp ATF green light.

The ATF changes its opinion, disposition & regulation so often as to make the IRS code seem like casual reading.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links