Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items

This is a discussion on Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The batfe reminds me of a comment about sharks while in survival school, “The only thing predictable about sharks is that they are unpredictable”....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items

VIP Member
    The batfe reminds me of a comment about sharks while in survival school, “The only thing predictable about sharks is that they are unpredictable”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    The "Atkins Accelerator" bumpfire 10/22 stock was deemed no Class 3 stamp, good-to-go by the ATF in 2006. It came with a nice letter as well. Then it was reclassified retroactively requiring a Class 3 stamp.
    Actually, IIRC, the Atkins Accelerator was reclassified as a machinegun, and as such, is contraband since it is post May 19, 1986. One cannot get a stamp for it.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Where there's fun to be had there's big brother to the rescue. Loopholes? We'll have no loopholes unless it's beneficial to those who decide what loopholes are beneficial for them and nobody else. All loopholes will be closed at the end of day unless you're somebody....(whom which closes loopholes to the peasants).
    Regulating it out of existence won't make anything disappear.........look at the war on drugs. Just an excuse to spend money or make it disappear. Statistics? Drugs are more prevalent now than when the war began. We place trust in what exactly? High ranking criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I think bump firing is silly. Our right to keep and bear machine guns is being infringed and that's really the bigger point. Newly manufactured machine guns should be available to law enforcement and regular people alike, without any more hassle than a shotgun or revolver.

How many times are we going to elect people to uphold the Constitution, when they continue to do no such thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Sadly, I have a feeling that it could be all the way up until the time that they are not elected but are appointed.

You mean appointed as in the un-elected bureaucrats that head departments such as BATFE???

In that reguard, the time you speak of is NOW!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Things that go Bump in the Night

Personally, I think the high and mighty dictators of gunowners are the worst critics of slidefire stocks. You know the type..." I never had to fire more than one shot at a deer to miss" crowd. The there may be the holy Class 3 Dealers, Actually class 2, may be wondering what will happen when you don't have to buy an expensive class three relic may be included. Funny how the worst enemy of gun ownership is from gunowners who think their way is the Holy Grail.. Guess what....it isn't. 30 rounds in 2 seconds.....what a kick!

Atkins accellerators sans the unholy spring is now back on the market and legal, I hear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links